Hajek Motorsports Sets New B/DT Record.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
That was a horribly researched article lol....I suppose it's better than dropping that into the top AND bottom end of a Dmax :angel:

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
its all a ploy to promote the 6.7...well lets wait till mcrat jumps back on the scene and puts that fords fake record to shame!!

upon closer reading i deduced that truck isn't stock by a fair margin

taken from the article.
"the truck remains mostly stock. Ford says that its engineers and Oklahoma-based Hajek Motorsports only installed a high pressure fuel pump, new fuel injectors, new turbos, and modified the compression ratio. Aside from the performance modifications,"

hmmm lets see new injection pump(s), turbos, and modified the compression ratio now take that all into account, they put on a hi performance injection pump possibly adding a second one, put in new hi performance injectors, and changed the turbo(s) funny it only comes with a one turbo its a dual wheel turbo but I'm thinking they scrapped it in favor of twins, as for "modifying the compression ratio" thats proably their way of hiding a fully built motor with strong internals, not to mention theres no way the transmission is stock it had to be modified throw any extra power and a stock tranny and it will slip, get hot and the computer will shut it down plus the torque converter will just slip itself to death.

well i dont know about you guys but last time i checked thats not so stock, poor fords always have to fudge the book in their favor.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Thats the biggest joke ive heard lately.....say it is stock trans and rear end, did they remove the rev limiter to push the motor to 10,000 rpm? Because thats the only way i see getting that kind of top speed with stock gears

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
They can call it what they want... Anyone who knows anything about diesels, knows that it is heavily modded in the injection & air area. Trans. & bottom end who knows? I say congrats to them:thumb: I'm a fan of all diesels, just partial to the d-max.

X100 on Casper going back to the asphalt. Let's wake his ass up, we got a game to win:D

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
Thats the biggest joke ive heard lately.....say it is stock trans and rear end, did they remove the rev limiter to push the motor to 10,000 rpm? Because thats the only way i see getting that kind of top speed with stock gears

Ford offers a 3.31 rear and O/D is .67 IIRC. That's 172mph on a 32" tire at 4K rpm. 183mph at 4250rpm.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
"modifying the compression ratio" thats proably their way of hiding a fully built motor with strong internals

Not to piss in anyone's Cheerios, but you can modify compression without changing the bottom end (shave the heads). Not saying that's what they did, but it doesn't have to mean "built motor".

I for one am a fan of power (first and foremost), and just happen to be partial to GM. I'm glad Ford did this (been a long time since they had something to be happy about in the competition arena), and it will mean GM guys (and Cummings ;) guys) will need to step it up as well.

If I remember correctly, Pat went above the speed posted in his record, so it is able to be done. Whether it's Pat or someone else, it will be nice to see the record beat by a GM, but props to Ford and the team that set the current record (IT'S NOT AN EASY THING TO DO). :thumb:

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
This is just me but I would rather see a world record top speed pass than another Dmax in the 9s.
But then again how cool would it be to have a 9s Dmax and the world record top speed.
If you do decide to run the salt in Utah again please let me know I would like to come out and check out the truck.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Quote: For comparison’s sake, the old record was set by a Duramax-equipped GMC Sierra HD, which only managed 166.850 mph.

What a joke leave it to some ford lovers to write which only managed 166.850 mph. Nothing like trying to make it sound like thats the best possible numbers It could ever produce.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
No fan of Ford here,

I gotta believe it is what it is as far as modifications. As far as the drivetrain goes ,I've heard the stock transmission can hold a lot of power, running on the salt flats as far abuse goes has to be different than drag racing. It's a long distance run . I don't want to say the roll into the throttle but it has to be different than a quarter mile run,no?

As far as engine mods ya they are a bit vague but they could have just shaved the heads and not touched the bottom end I assume. It's not like Mcrat didn't have a very modified Duramax. Hopefully Pat can get the record back in our camp but lately he hasn't done SHIT! But given us a Diesel truck full of excuses! :roflmao: :D :rofl:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Not to piss in anyone's Cheerios, but you can modify compression without changing the bottom end (shave the heads). Not saying that's what they did, but it doesn't have to mean "built motor".
I for one am a fan of power (first and foremost), and just happen to be partial to GM. I'm glad Ford did this (been a long time since they had something to be happy about in the competition arena), and it will mean GM guys (and Cummings ;) guys) will need to step it up as well.

If I remember correctly, Pat went above the speed posted in his record, so it is able to be done. Whether it's Pat or someone else, it will be nice to see the record beat by a GM, but props to Ford and the team that set the current record (IT'S NOT AN EASY THING TO DO). :thumb:

Doesnt work that way. Unless ford did some off the wall new heads (besides the reverse flow), diesel heads are flat so shaving them only brings the valves closer to the piston. changing the head gasket thickness is the only "easy way" to do it but you dont gain much. otherwise your goin into the motor to change the compression besides decking the block.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Lets keep in mind that the truck is a dual turbo setup from the factory. AND they upgraded the turbos. So air was not an issue IMO.

With factory resources, you can do all kinds of fun things with the heads. Including chamber them or pocket the valves to reduce the CR.

Again with factory resources, you can do a lot with the fuel delivery.

Air and fuel for power. Lower CR to help it live.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
no fan of ford here,

i gotta believe it is what it is as far as modifications. As far as the drivetrain goes ,i've heard the stock transmission can hold a lot of power, running on the salt flats as far abuse goes has to be different than drag racing. It's a long distance run . I don't want to say the roll into the throttle but it has to be different than a quarter mile run,no?

As far as engine mods ya they are a bit vague but they could have just shaved the heads and not touched the bottom end i assume. It's not like mcrat didn't have a very modified duramax. Hopefully pat can get the record back in our camp but lately he hasn't done shit! but given us a diesel truck full of excuses! :roflmao: :d :rofl:

ouch! The guy writing the article didnt have to use the word "only" thats just malicious right there! Getting a 7 to 8 thousand pound vehicle moving that fast on salt or dirt is a lot of work, no matter who you have helping or how many $ you have to throw at it! Good on them! We all love competition!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Lets keep in mind that the truck is a dual turbo setup from the factory. AND they upgraded the turbos. So air was not an issue IMO.
I thought they were single turbo with dual intake on the 6.7? 6.4 were the factory compounds

Stock transmission - just because it came with the truck, internals were most likely beefed up

The pistons were probably cut, Rudy's black ford has a stock shortblock with cut pistons

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I thought they were single turbo with dual intake on the 6.7? 6.4 were the factory compounds

Stock transmission - just because it came with the truck, internals were most likely beefed up

Yea the 6.7 has the dual compressor turbo that isn't quite as awesome as it sounds.

I agree about the transmission, makes you wonder.

Pretty impressive though either way, surprised a Ford pulled it off.... But I hope Pat takes the record back!! :thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Except for a triple disc converter and a Transgo jr, McRats Alli is almost stock. I purposely kept the clutch count down and the pressure down as well for less drag and heat. There is little strain on the trans at the slat flats.
Things will change for drag racing. :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Except for a triple disc converter and a Transgo jr, McRats Alli is almost stock. I purposely kept the clutch count down and the pressure down as well for less drag and heat. There is little strain on the trans at the slat flats.
Things will change for drag racing. :D

Thats kind of what I thought on the transmission with the only exception being spun a high RPM for a length of time.

Wasn't it a fact that the Allison (stock) would only spin at a max 5000 RPM before grenading? I remember something like that on a spec sheet

As far as the engine (Ford) who knows its not like the HAVE to give full disclosure. I'd assume the transmission also

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Thats kind of what I thought on the transmission with the only exception being spun a high RPM for a length of time.

Wasn't it a fact that the Allison (stock) would only spin at a max 5000 RPM before grenading? I remember something like that on a spec sheet

As far as the engine (Ford) who knows its not like the HAVE to give full disclosure. I'd assume the transmission also

I checked with the Allison engineer in charge of the 1000 and he said not to worry about the rpm's. Guess he knows his shit.:D

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca

unless ford has some off the wall type of head or something of that nature that not possible diesel heads are already flat deck and shaving heads will actually increase the compression you can use a thicker head gasket but that heeds nominal results, the usual way to decrease the compression on a diesel is to cut the pistons down.