hail

leehype

Drunk with a Jeep problem
Aug 16, 2012
Hey, just picked up a 2006 2500 HD with the duramax and the allison. My 2nd truck, but my first V8 and first diesel. It came with a brake controler and a tuner that I haven't messed with. My plan was to leave it alone, as I have enough toys... I have a 2002 Jeep wrangler, slightly modified... Well, really modified. I take it to parks and break it. In comes a truck for towing.

My biggest reason for going with a chevy is the child restraints in the back seat. Fords don't have them at all, and there were no dodges in the state under 200k miles.

I guess there is more than that... My Father worked for GM for 30 years working on them, and has the 6.5, and it has been reliable, so props there.

Anywho, from what I understand I have an LL7. Going to change the oil and check all fluids over. Need to change the tires (one went bad on the way home from the dealer, thank god I know what a bubble in the tire feels like.) I need to install a goose neck hitch for the whole towing thing. There are 2 mods I have found I may go through with, a larger/better fuel filter, and extra oil filtration.

So how ya'll doing?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Welcome!

The 2006 has a LBZ in it, arguably the best Duramax made. It should do you right, and you won't even feel the trailer back there.

Adding extra fuel filtration is good. Extra oil filtration won't hurt; however, I've got nearly 300,000 miles on my truck with just stock (ACDelco) oil filters.

Resist the urge to add power, or next thing you know, you'll be spending more on the truck than the Jeep! :woott:

leehype

Drunk with a Jeep problem
Aug 16, 2012
My reasoning for being a LLY is a vin check. The 8th digit is "2." I am led to believe the LBZ is a "D."

No plans for power. I am incapible of "little" upgrades. If I were even to try, I would wind up with a trans worth more than the truck just to cope.

Heck, I wanted a little upgrade on my jeep, 4800 later and I still don't have the brakes on the front axle... But I digress, it might be expensive, but it sure is addictive and fun.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
2006 had both lly and lbz so if its a 2 its a lly good motor good year truck do a fass or airdog for a second filter and to help the cp3. No real need for extra oil filter. Welcome:thumb: