Guess the economy sucks in Vegas...

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
5 people laid off, I was one. Laid quite a few off over the last month, figured I would have been gone long ago. Oh well Looks like I got time to crank a lot more hours into my side work lol.

Anyone hiring? lol.

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
If you wanted to move to Farmington the oilfield is in big demand. Could hook you up in one of the gas plants at about 50-60k a year starting. Cost of living is cheap here compared to vegas.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
That would make two of us. Just got told today I have three weeks and then they shut the company down. Owners appearantly wanna move back east, they have another company there they want to focus on....

Sorry to hear bud, but i think you're right. Everything is slow here.... time to start looking.

Shorthaul?? :D

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
If you wanted to move to Farmington the oilfield is in big demand. Could hook you up in one of the gas plants at about 50-60k a year starting. Cost of living is cheap here compared to vegas.

Haha thanks. But no dont wanna live in Farmington, I moved here from Durango little over a year ago. Im also gonna need a little more than 50k a year, maybe 75k to start...? then I'd move back, lol.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Haha thanks. But no dont wanna live in Farmington, I moved here from Durango little over a year ago. Im also gonna need a little more than 50k a year, maybe 75k to start...? then I'd move back, lol.

bummer its crappy here to. its funny all the places like co idaho new mexico tht where kind of doing bad are now booming and the big places like ca vegas are takeiing a dump:(

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
That would make two of us. Just got told today I have three weeks and then they shut the company down. Owners appearantly wanna move back east, they have another company there they want to focus on....

Sorry to hear bud, but i think you're right. Everything is slow here.... time to start looking.

Shorthaul?? :D

:( Sorry to hear that also.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
5 people laid off, I was one. Laid quite a few off over the last month, figured I would have been gone long ago. Oh well Looks like I got time to crank a lot more hours into my side work lol.

Anyone hiring? lol.

Sorry to hear this Mike. I guess I should count my blessings with my business(plumbing). I've hired 3-new employees in the past 2-weeks.
Look into the commercial architectual area. This is whats keeping me swamped with work(commercial).
Good luck

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
seems to be getting slow everywhere :(

Sorry to hear that Mike and Wes.

Yep things are getting slow here too. They are doing a one day plant shutdown, to " Cut Costs". I am thinking there may be some more time off too. Rumors are they may go to a 4 day work week. That would not be good for me.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Wow are things really that bad down there? It's busy as hell around here. Good luck to you guys. I hope it all comes around for the better for y'all:).