Got my first ticket

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I would take it to court anyway. Even if you pay the fine you can usually get the points dropped.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree. I've never plead guilty to anything I've been fined or arrested for. Most of the time they'll drop the points or reduce the charges. In this case however, I think it's better to pay the fine and be done with it. It sounds like th OP got let off kind of easy to begin with. Drag racing and reckless most likely carry a suspension.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Wasn't trying to judge the kid...most all of us have gotten tickets like that when we were younger, or in our 40s after we got our diesel pickup....:rofl:. Lets just say I won't go back to Durand, MI ever again....

I was just surprised at the penalties you guys have to face.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Please let me know what was "illegal" about the officers actions..? If the VIN is correct the 1500 is a moot point, as for her being a dumbass go look in the mirror to verify who the received the ticket, you, dumbass....

Remind me again why your on a predominately performance orientated diesel forum? :rolleyes:

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I dont know about where you live, but my lawyer has always been able to get my tickets removed. Paying a lawyer isn't cheap but being young and paying my own insurance was far more expensive with tickets. Then again, I haven't had a ticket in 4 years.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
You guys should consider yourselves lucky you have anti entrapment laws, here in NJ they are damn sneaky, hiding in bushes and shit to catch speeders. :rofl:

Either way, sounds like you got off very lucky and got a monetary no points ticket. Lick your wounds and consider yourself lucky.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Sounds like she let you off pretty easy. I had a cop bust me for window tint 3 weeks after receiving a tint ticket from a different cop. The 2nd cop told me if he saw me again he was impounding my car and taking me to jail.

With that said, it wouldn't hurt to consult a lawyer if you are worried about points. This is an expensive game but with a good lawyer you can get out of an awful lot... but it will cost you.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
whattayatawkin about??? NJ is a safe haven for speeders and gun enthusiasts.

Mmm... NOT!

OP - pay the ticket and next look around better first.

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
Please let me know what was "illegal" about the officers actions..? If the VIN is correct the 1500 is a moot point, as for her being a dumbass go look in the mirror to verify who the received the ticket, you, dumbass....
Thank you for your thoughts

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I probably won't fight it. I'll take my beaten. Just wish they'd catch the guys doin 100 and not me just bein a "dumb kid" lol

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I probably won't fight it. I'll take my beaten. Just wish they'd catch the guys doin 100 and not me just bein a "dumb kid" lol

They will get busted eventually. Taking it outside of town is always best. Less chance of getting busted and if something goes wrong no innocent bystanders are impacted.

poberly

Mar 14, 2013
You guys should consider yourselves lucky you have anti entrapment laws, here in NJ they are damn sneaky, hiding in bushes and shit to catch speeders. :rofl:

Pure curiosity, but how is hiding in bushes to catch speeders entrapment? They aren't making you do something that without them you wouldn't normally do. I didn't know some states have laws that prohibit an officer from being out of view from drivers. And I'm not trying to call anyone out, I just got off a deferral program last week for a speeding ticket. It happens

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
Pure curiosity, but how is hiding in bushes to catch speeders entrapment? They aren't making you do something that without them you wouldn't normally do. I didn't know some states have laws that prohibit an officer from being out of view from drivers. And I'm not trying to call anyone out, I just got off a deferral program last week for a speeding ticket. It happens
Here in Colorado police have to have their lights on. They can hide all they like though.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
College Ave has turned into a bad place on the weekends. I used to cruise it back in the day, and if I get a while hair I venture up to it just to see who's there. I've actually met a few friends from cruising, but now it seems like it's nothing but kids who want to blow black smoke and pick fights with me.

I've gotten an "engaging in a speed contest" on College ave. 12 point ticket. $750 lawyer fee got it dropped to a four point speeding. Few years later I got a careless driving on College for pitching the truck sideways out of taco bell. Hefty fine and was on the edge of losing my license for a few years until I got my points back. Insurance didn't change drastically, but it has been higher than most others haha

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Moving violations suck.....depending on your insurance carrier and their diligence in pulling your DMV records, you could be seeing a hike on premiums or get lucky and never see a change.

In Vegas, attorneys are as prevalant as sewer rats. Not a bad deal though when you look at our legal system. I've had 40+ speeding tickets between 08 and now..... Not one shows on my DMV record as anything more than a non moving violation. My DMV track looks like I have 40 something parking tickets. No points, no insurance hikes, and attorneys uually charge $40-50 per ticket and the fine is reduced by half.

Reckless, racing, exhibition and excessive speed (30+) are all 6+ point violations and can't be reduced to anything below a moving violation. They can be reduced from a misdemeanor though whcih carries less weight and rduces the fine. I've had 2, one of which my carrier caught...premiums jumped about $100 more a month. Luck of the draw....

Long story short, if I had all the money back from.paying attorneys and fines.over the last 7 years..... It would have paid my trucks over twice. Don't want the headache.....?? Take that shit to the track or get way out of town.

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
College Ave has turned into a bad place on the weekends. I used to cruise it back in the day, and if I get a while hair I venture up to it just to see who's there. I've actually met a few friends from cruising, but now it seems like it's nothing but kids who want to blow black smoke and pick fights with me.

I've gotten an "engaging in a speed contest" on College ave. 12 point ticket. $750 lawyer fee got it dropped to a four point speeding. Few years later I got a careless driving on College for pitching the truck sideways out of taco bell. Hefty fine and was on the edge of losing my license for a few years until I got my points back. Insurance didn't change drastically, but it has been higher than most others haha
I haven't been in about 2 months due to all the asshats that run around now like you were saying. Figured id check it out. first lap bam. They have really cracked down on it. And yea I catch the hint, I'm staying off of college as far as having fun is concerned

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
I agree with whitetrash, its luck of the draw. My first ticket was when I was 18 shortly after buyin a '71 chev with a built up small block, by time I was 19 license was suspended for 3 months. That first ticket was 30 over, there was a few more in that span hovering around 10-15 over and one careless driving for drag racing a buddies Cummins in front of a cop.(shoulda looked around a little better) needless to say my insurance never went up a dime from all that. Fast forward 10 years and I've only had maybe 2-3 moving violations since then with much faster rigs. Just gotta learn from your mistakes and be more aware of your surroundings.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
when i owned a samurai, i tried to get speeding tickets....... never was lucky enough to get one :eek: :rofl:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I would be lucky to speed 40 mph downhill with a tailwind in my first truck, no synchromesh 4 speed transmission (no 2 speed for 4 wheel drive either) double clutch all 4 up and down. This truck was a chic magnet. No windshield wipers just flip the front widow out and drive slow.

=
=
=
qp1bbm.jpg

=
=
=
=
=