Got my first ticket

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
Playing around with some new tunes. I was up next to another rig. We're on college ave. In fort collins CO btw. Beat him pretty bad then he came flying by when I lifted at like 50. Lady cop pulls me over IN THE TURN LANE. And handed me my ticket ($185) said i was honest and she killed the smoke and racing fines. 3 points takin. Anyhow is that ganna make my insurance go up?? I honestly don't know.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What was the limit? Might not go to insurance at all. Here it's 14+ over

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Simple, use the Google machine for your answer, or Dogpile, Bing, Chrome, works for me...FWIW the officer could have taken you jail...Here in Arizona you can go to traffic survival school and the ticket is dropped insurance wise every 2 years (may have changed recently). After that you get held over the fire for 3 years on your premiums and all states are different....

Last edited:

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
Simple, use the Google machine for your answer, or Dogpile, Bing, Chrome, works for me...FWIW the officer could have taken you jail...Here in Arizona you can go to traffic survival school and the ticket is dropped insurance wise every 2 years (may have changed recently). After that you get held over the fire for 3 years on your premiums and all states are different as you do not mention what state you received the ticket....
She said my licence could have been taken but she "warned" me with that

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Any one of those 3 mentioned CAN get your license suspended, vehicle towed, some pretty fashionable bracelets, an unwanted chauffeured ride downtown, sit in jail, and a meeting before the judge within 24 hrs. Most times up to the officer's discretion, the severity of the situation and your attitude all play a part.....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You guys live in some draconian states. Jailtime for exhibition of speed? Geezus.

O/P, the points will affect your rates, esp at your age. Check to see if your state allows you to take a "safe driving course" (for a fee, of course) to erase the points. You'll have to admit responsibility and pay the fine, but your insurance company wont hit you hard over the next three years.

....and next time, use better judgement.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I once got a ticket for "spectating an exhibition of speed". A $680 fine. I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time when some guys started street racing. I said WTF is this ticket for? Needless to say, the judge threw it out.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
My insurance didnt go up until I had 8 points. That was many moons ago. It hurt pretty bad paying 215/month for a '91 Integra.

License points vary state to state, along with how they are reported to the insurance co. Your states DMV website should tell you exactly what the penalties are. In PA, there are some 3 point offenses that carry a suspension as well.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Colorado's points are based on time as well. You can carry more point penalties the longer you've had a license and the longer between violations.

I lived in Fort Collins for 5 years. Don't mess around on College Ave. That seems pretty stupid to be honest. Head up north out of town if you want to bury the throttle some.

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I talked to my bossman he said that he doubts my insurance will go up. I couldn't even see her she had her lights off (illegal) and the dumbass put my truck as a 1500. Either way like a different guy said. Just better judgment.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I talked to my bossman he said that he doubts my insurance will go up. I couldn't even see her she had her lights off (illegal) and the dumbass put my truck as a 1500. Either way like a different guy said. Just better judgment.

Please let me know what was "illegal" about the officers actions..? If the VIN is correct the 1500 is a moot point, as for her being a dumbass go look in the mirror to verify who the received the ticket, you, dumbass....

my01dmax

Jul 22, 2015
College Ave in Fort Collins will do that. That's all they do it seems is looking for trucks racing. But it's not illegal for them to sit without any lights in Colorado anymore, at least not where im at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I would take it to court anyway. Even if you pay the fine you can usually get the points dropped.
Please let me know what was "illegal" about the officers actions..? If the VIN is correct the 1500 is a moot point, as for her being a dumbass go look in the mirror to verify who the received the ticket, you, dumbass....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk