got in an Xtrude trans cooler

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
I just got a new Xtrude cooler with a fan because my trans gets really hot when I'm pulling my rv. It's a kit with fittings for the trans and some hoses. Can I forget about the oem cooler altogether and just mount this one on the frame near the trans? Thanks

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I just got a new Xtrude cooler with a fan because my trans gets really hot when I'm pulling my rv. It's a kit with fittings for the trans and some hoses. Can I forget about the oem cooler altogether and just mount this one on the frame near the trans? Thanks

No.
You need the heat exchanger to do the initial heat knock down before the fluid enters the oil to air cooler. Using hoses and clamps will cause you to lose youe trans. Pressure can spike to over 200psi and clamps won't hold that.

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
One reason why i got this kit is because my lines are leaking am i now gonna have to get a new line kit also? Thanks for the Info

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
One reason why i got this kit is because my lines are leaking am i now gonna have to get a new line kit also? Thanks for the Info

I have no idea what you bought or what it looks like. Pictures would help. Whatever you bought better not use hose clamps. Fittings are a must.

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
If the new cooler has 3/8 lines, like many aftermarket ones-- that may affect the circulation of trans fluid.