Got a new dirtymax

L5Patriot

Oct 19, 2022
Whatsup.
I got an L5P and joined the discussion on how to make these workhorses sound like a truck.

Also a 6L powerstroke enthusiast, and a harley davidson enthusiast. 20220831_162749[5919].jpgIMG_1658[5918].png

• Sad
Reactions: Bdsankey

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I normally just turn the key and mind makes truck noises. Then I step on the skinny pedal and it goes vroommmmm.

Welcome to DD. Maybe you could be more clear on what exactly you want.

L5Patriot

Oct 19, 2022
I normally just turn the key and mind makes truck noises. Then I step on the skinny pedal and it goes vroommmmm.

Welcome to DD. Maybe you could be more clear on what exactly you want.
Vroom sounds have always done it for the bikes but I can't whistle high enough to mimic the turbo.
Anyway, I'm wondering what sort of creative ways people have managed to get that deleted sound without the EPA crushing their trucks.
Don't need more power, the truck performs tip top, just miss the jet sound from my 6L.
The will exists, now I just need a redneck teenager to show me the way.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Vroom sounds have always done it for the bikes but I can't whistle high enough to mimic the turbo.
Anyway, I'm wondering what sort of creative ways people have managed to get that deleted sound without the EPA crushing their trucks.
Don't need more power, the truck performs tip top, just miss the jet sound from my 6L.
You need a whistle tip! Wooo Wooo
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Sadly you will not find any help on this page on deleting your truck. There is no way to delete the truck and not risk having issues with the EPA down the road since it is illegal in the USA to remove vehicle emissions systems.

L5Patriot

Oct 19, 2022
Sadly you will not find any help on this page on deleting your truck. There is no way to delete the truck and not risk having issues with the EPA down the road since it is illegal in the USA to remove vehicle emissions systems.
Yeah thats kindof what I anticipated. I'll probably just wait until my warranty expires then chance it. Breaks my heart