Good shop in the Greenville SC area?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Wow!!! Around here shops charge 4000-7500. With 7500 being the places that are ripping people off....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
Holy crap! I got a hair under $4500 into mine when I replaced them last year. It is a lly not a lml but I don't think that makes a huge difference. Here's what was done

1. Complete hg kit with arp studs from cotnp

2. S&B cai

3. MA tig welded water pump

4. Bosch fpr

5. Lml drivers side manifold

6. Profab egr delete tube (just welded my uppipe shut)

7. Magna flow down pipe

8. Replaced various coolant and fuel lines that are normally hard to get too

9. That $4500 was out the door, labor, shop charges for going thru the heads, new oil & coolant, and all the parts mentioned above.

So that gives you a rough idea.....sounds like those shops are really trying to bend you over!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
7500+ for HG??!?! Holy hell.ate they replacing the heads??? That's absurd. Call underground diesel in vegas

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I had head gaskets, ARP studs, heads reworked with a few new valves, new exergy 30 overs, stealth64 turbo, and a few other things done including buying all parts for under 7k. Same shop did gaskets studs egr delete and downpipe on my buddy's lly for under 4500.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
Just dropped off my load here in Tappahannock, Va. Sitting in a hotel room and heading out tomorrow preferably south and west from here.
Talked to a guy today and he said that I would be better off with a whole engine swap instead of a HG repair. He is not a fan of tuners or high mileage diesel motor owners. I don't see the need to give up on my stock motor and shell out even more money for motor swap.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
Just dropped it off in Ga. to get fixed. On the way back to my parents house I received a email from Diesel Addiction in N.C., they are booked until 8/15. So I am glad that my truck made it to Georgia and it is being worked on as we speak. It would not be so bad if I lived near N.C. and did not rely on my truck daily, but I do. Btw, DA quoted $4573.98 to replace the HG.