Good Kill Mazda rx8

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
Guys I had a little fun this weekend; had a Mazda rx8 pull up beside me on high way running 65+. Had the window down and he shoves the clutch in and revs it up and then nailed it; sounded dang good and did run good. So I think what the heck so I get back up beside him; of course on switch 5; I look over there are to older guys laughing and point at the Dirty- Max. He's like you don’t want any of this then laughs; he nails it again running about 70ish guess what happened. He looks over as I do a fly by 120+ as that all she reads. Lol I let off and he is right there with the Big Eyes; asking how built is it. HE said his was built I said it is just Mark Broviak tuned. He didn’t get it Lol

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
There's a kid a few blocks over from me that has an RX-8 with an alky control system, turbo upgrades, N2O, larger injectors, clutch, cage and tuning that can lay the smack down. He also has a auto cross prepped Miata I poke fun at him for:)

The guy MOJO ran said he was "built" and was shocked that the big bad D-max ran him like that....a "stock" RX guy wouldn't be, cuz they know the RX is a dog in stock trim

A kill is a kill;)

MSEngineering

EnvoyMax
Sep 7, 2009
Orlando FL.
Some dumb kid said his little 13-B renesis was built and got run down by a 6600+lb diesel truck. I hope he layed the smacked down on that silly car.

(you have no idea how fragile that engine is and secondly RX-8 aren't turbocharged)

Oh and P.S most ppl don't build rotaries they normally take the 13BREW engine (RX7 turbo) and refresh the seals ( good ones cost about $1300 per set). They are pretty pennies to give ''fancy internals'' (housing coatings and aluminum rotors now but they cost about 900 a piece/work done). So I highly doubt it.

Good chance is that he meant ''no sir I'm stock and I wanted to sound really cool sir'' . lol

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Some dumb kid said his little 13-B renesis was built and got run down by a 6600+lb diesel truck. I hope he layed the smacked down on that silly car.

(you have no idea how fragile that engine is and secondly RX-8 aren't turbocharged)

Oh and P.S most ppl don't build rotaries internally their hard parts are stock.
Good chance is that he meant ''no sir I'm stock and I wanted to sound really cool sir'' . lol

Maybe you shouldn't assume what I do and don't know. Yes the renisis rotary is "finicky"
Yes you can turbocharge them
Yes you can get triple rotor engines from japan, I had a triple rotor 88' RX-7
Yes, most people don't screw with the internals
OP stated the occupants in the car were "older guys" not stupid kids
Yes the RX-8 is a silly little car

No I'm not standing up for the RX-8 or the OP, just standing against your dogmatic opinion

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012

Oh and P.S most ppl don't build rotaries they normally take the 13BREW engine (RX7 turbo) and refresh the seals ( good ones cost about $1300 per set). They are pretty pennies to give ''fancy internals'' (housing coatings and aluminum rotors now but they cost about 900 a piece/work done). So I highly doubt it.

Nice edit....:rolleyes:
Most people would highly doubt someone spending pretty pennies to pull 1000whp out of a $40k 6600lb crew cab diesel powered 4x4 truck and run 10's in the 1/4mi too, everyone has a hobby weather you see it plausible or not, that hobby just may be tinkering with silly little mazdas....
Take your 17 posts that you've contributed since 09 and go "chill" in some other thread, I'm done with you "bro"

MSEngineering

EnvoyMax
Sep 7, 2009
Orlando FL.
[QU
Maybe you shouldn't assume what I do and don't know. Yes the renisis rotary is "finicky"
Yes you can turbocharge them
Yes you can get triple rotor engines from japan, I had a triple rotor 88' RX-7
Yes, most people don't screw with the internals
OP stated the occupants in the car were "older guys" not stupid kids
Yes the RX-8 is a silly little car

No I'm not standing up for the RX-8 or the OP, just standing against your dogmatic opinion

Nice edit....:rolleyes:
Most people would highly doubt someone spending pretty pennies to pull 1000whp out of a $40k 6600lb crew cab diesel powered 4x4 truck and run 10's in the 1/4mi too, everyone has a hobby weather you see it plausible or not, that hobby just may be tinkering with silly little mazdas....
Take your 17 posts that you've contributed since 09 and go "chill" in some other thread, I'm done with you "bro"

I'm from that environment and I'm sure you know nothing about them... usually one would know after a couple of words.

Yes I added to my original post because no one would understand the point I'm trying to make I guess it made me less of a man to use the edit button.

1. Hardly anyone calls a 20b (3 rotor) ''triple rotor'' ....I find it odd you didn't say 20B like everyone who does the swap also post pics of your 88' 3 rotor lol, the swap isn't even an average swap and is expensive.
2. It's spelled whether.
3. turbo charging the Renesis for fun is not fun + you know nothing of them they self terminate most of the time. On top of that, the chrome plating in their rotor housing are horrible, was saying yes they can be turbocharged have a significant point?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
[QU

I'm from that environment and I'm sure you know nothing about them... usually one would know after a couple of words.

Yes I added to my original post because no one would understand the point I'm trying to make I guess it made me less of a man to use the edit button.

1. Hardly anyone calls a 20b (3 rotor) ''triple rotor'' ....I find it odd you didn't say 20B like everyone who does the swap also post pics of your 88' 3 rotor lol, the swap isn't even an average swap and is expensive.
2. It's spelled whether.
3. turbo charging the Renesis for fun is not fun + you know nothing of them they self terminate most of the time. On top of that, the chrome plating in their rotor housing are horrible, was saying yes they can be turbocharged have a significant point?

Do you have a significant point?
Other than proving to be an even greater douche bag than I could've imagined?
Thanks for the grammar/spelling lesson, your 5th grade teacher would be proud and my auto spell check doesn't care
I called it a triple rotor cuz that's what it was, do you say 6 or half dozen?
Notice I said "had" genius, I'd love to post a pic to shut your overbearing ass up but I can't. Lucky you
I didn't do the swap either, so while you think you're so cunning your just, well, an educated grease monkey
I bought the car for pennies on the dollar that was spent on it cuz I lived in an area that doesn't emission test and well, obviously the car wouldn't pass emissions, they're about the dirtiest cars there are in stock form anyways

Why do you care so much anyways, you've added absolutely nothing of value to this thread, or this forum, maybe go back to an import forum where some of the kids will worship your vast knowledge and you can feel validated for your esteemed knowledge of import engines

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Hopefully you don't come back, but by chance you do, I'm leaving this for your reading pleasure....

David aka MSEngineering-

Out of morbid curiosity, I read through your previous 14 posts prior to this thread. (Notice I know your name? BTW DAVID, you had several improperly spelled words in those posts, lol, oops I guess you're not so smart and you're not perfect either, lmao)

It's fairly obvious that you're an "intelligent" individual, however it is also fairly obvious you lack some much need communication/people skills

This is MOJO's thread, let him revel in his victory over the "built" RX-8

I think you've clearly made your point as to how venerable the RX-8 is, and also proven your vast knowledge of the specifics there in. I, and no one here made any attempts to claim they were an expert. I was only making a point, and that was "the car could've been modified and ran better than a 15.x 1/4"

built, bolt on's, blown or gassed, none of us know and none of us know if that car shit it's seals that night either.

You seem to be the only one that cared to try and invalidate another members experience. Well done

Please come back when you can appreciate another's experience, instead of spewing yours (like I said, I read your other 14 posts and they read with a very similar tone, that of a dogmatic and overbearing "prove me wrong" pompous ass)

MOJO- keep having fun in your duramax buddy, they'll shock quite a few people with how well they can move out :thumb:

Duramax One

Vote for Pedro
Aug 11, 2012
Oroville, CA
He's like you don’t want any of this then laughs; he nails it again running about 70ish guess what happened. He looks over as I do a fly by 120+ as that all she reads.

Sounds like a good kill. It's been a while since I've seen a stock to mildly built gasser line up against a duramax. It seems that all the car guys around here have learned (the hard way) not to mess with a modern diesel.

MOJO- keep having fun in your duramax buddy, they'll shock quite a few people with how well they can move out :thumb:

This is one of the things I love about the modern diesels. You can take a duramax from mild to wild with only a tune. Even with hard parts the truck still can look and sound stock, leading to a lot of hilarious kills like this one.

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
Hopefully you don't come back, but by chance you do, I'm leaving this for your reading pleasure....

David aka MSEngineering-

Out of morbid curiosity, I read through your previous 14 posts prior to this thread. (Notice I know your name? BTW DAVID, you had several improperly spelled words in those posts, lol, oops I guess you're not so smart and you're not perfect either, lmao)

It's fairly obvious that you're an "intelligent" individual, however it is also fairly obvious you lack some much need communication/people skills

This is MOJO's thread, let him revel in his victory over the "built" RX-8

I think you've clearly made your point as to how venerable the RX-8 is, and also proven your vast knowledge of the specifics there in. I, and no one here made any attempts to claim they were an expert. I was only making a point, and that was "the car could've been modified and ran better than a 15.x 1/4"

built, bolt on's, blown or gassed, none of us know and none of us know if that car shit it's seals that night either.

You seem to be the only one that cared to try and invalidate another members experience. Well done

Please come back when you can appreciate another's experience, instead of spewing yours (like I said, I read your other 14 posts and they read with a very similar tone, that of a dogmatic and overbearing "prove me wrong" pompous ass)

Thanks buddy, I didn't think I was going to upset this guy MSE engineering. It was as stated all in fun and I know my truck isn't a full drag truck but I have fun with it. So what I am trying to say is MSE PLEASE REFAIN FROM POSTING YOUR THOUGHTS; THANK YOU.

Hot COLCOAL thanks buddy Military Proud :thumb:

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
Sounds like a good kill. It's been a while since I've seen a stock to mildly built gasser line up against a duramax. It seems that all the car guys around here have learned (the hard way) not to mess with a modern diesel.

This is one of the things I love about the modern diesels. You can take a duramax from mild to wild with only a tune. Even with hard parts the truck still can look and sound stock, leading to a lot of hilarious kills like this one.

Thanks buddy it was fun seeing there faces, like how that happen Lol

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks buddy it was fun seeing there faces, like how that happen Lol
Nice kill! It's that much better when they not only think they are going to beat you but verbalize it. I had a new WRX sti at a stop light tell me he was going to beat me. Judging by the smile on his face, he had no doubt. After he reinstalled his doors he had a hard time smiling after that.

P.S. Funny to see drama on this forum. I usually see a lot of that on other lesser forums but not much over here.