Golden Valley/Kingman AZ help needed

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Hey guys, a buddy of mine just moved to Golden Valley and he’s having a transmission issue. I guess he had a trans cooler line blow apart. He said he made a temp repair to the line, and refilled the trans. Range Shift Inhibited on the message center now, and says it won’t go into forward gears. He has no means of reading the transmission codes or clear codes.

If any of you are near that area and would be willing to use your EFI Live, HPT, or whatever scanner (TCM), Post here or send me a private message, and I’ll get you his contact info. Thanks!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to Western members section.

Have you sent a PM to James (chevy1925) yet? He'd probably know someone.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Na closest person is my buddy levi in flagstaff but that’s still a 2+ hour drive for him assuming he even home (runs rail road).

Jun 1, 2012
I am in phoenix and have a tech2/mdi but not a short drive... let me know...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
What if you unhook the connector on the back of the trans. Should give you fourth if it’s not a mechanical problem.

Loco-Mechanic

Johnny Rotten
Aug 12, 2009
Golden Valley AZ
Are you positive the oil level is correct? If it’s low it will do the same thing, got that t-shirt :eek:

Yes, oil level is good.
I even over filled it a little to make sure.
All started when it blew a cooler line off.
I refilled it just to get it home around the corner, but didn't quite make it.
Towed it the rest of the way to the house, and now only reverse works. I have no way to pull trans codes, so till I can do that I'm kinda stuck.
I did pull the connector off the back of the trans and it is clean and dry.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Will it move forward when you pull the connector though. It will put the truck in hydraulic 3 rd soon as you put the selector in drive

Loco-Mechanic

Johnny Rotten
Aug 12, 2009
Golden Valley AZ
Will it move forward when you pull the connector though. It will put the truck in hydraulic 3 rd soon as you put the selector in drive

After I started it, because it won't start with the connector unplugged, I pulled the connector, and no, it still doesn't go forward, but it will slam hard into reverse.
I'll start a new post over in the trans section, once I find out what the codes are. I don't want to waste anyone's time, till I know what they are. ;)