Goerend "R" or Goerend "DK"

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
Ill be dropping my truck off to Josh H next week hopefully to get my LBZ trans built. He recommended the "R" converter with billet stator. I have a LML converter in my LBZ right now and i hate it. Its super loose and feels like im blowing all my power out the exhaust when the converter is unlocked. I do pull some pretty heavy trailers and plan on going with a Danville 68 stg2R down the road. I just wanted to make sure the Goerend "R" wouldn't feel like im wasting power like this LML converter does. I know Josh is more then capable of answering these questions but i didnt wanna call and bother him more then i have to! Thanks in advance for any insight!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The DK was built to replace the R because Dave could not get the medium duty turbine any more. It is almost the same. The DK may be a little tighter but it would be hard to tell.
I use them both in my shop. There is no longer a problem getting the MD turbine. You can't go wrong with either one. Go with what Josh recommends. He knows his shit.:thumb:

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Ill be dropping my truck off to Josh H next week hopefully to get my LBZ trans built. He recommended the "R" converter with billet stator. I have a LML converter in my LBZ right now and i hate it. Its super loose and feels like im blowing all my power out the exhaust when the converter is unlocked. I do pull some pretty heavy trailers and plan on going with a Danville 68 stg2R down the road. I just wanted to make sure the Goerend "R" wouldn't feel like im wasting power like this LML converter does. I know Josh is more then capable of answering these questions but i didnt wanna call and bother him more then i have to! Thanks in advance for any insight!

How does the truck feel with the R converter on a stock charger after the build?

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
How does the truck feel with the R converter on a stock charger after the build?

Still waiting to get it built. Josh ordered the converter 2 weeks ago but it won't be in until Friday. 3 weeks to get a converter seems like along time to me but none the less its not Josh's fault. I will be dropping the truck off this coming Friday hope to have it back Wednesday of next week's or so and I will update!

Reactions: Lanky

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Still waiting to get it built. Josh ordered the converter 2 weeks ago but it won't be in until Friday. 3 weeks to get a converter seems like along time to me but none the less its not Josh's fault. I will be dropping the truck off this coming Friday hope to have it back Wednesday of next week's or so and I will update!

It happens due to it being one of the most popular converters. For example, my "G" was in stock when I called to order but a customer's "R" took 2 weeks to get in. I was impressed it only took 2 weeks due to it being the week of SEMA.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Nice! I have a Goerend C converter and it needs to be replaced. Been looking at the R. From what I read it is a great all around converter.
When the time comes, I will be talking to Mike about the converter choice and possibly adding a trans cooler while I am there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
Just dropped it off, Josh was cool as a fan! Answered all my questions and explained the pump mods he would be doing for my needs/uses with the truck. Said I will have it back Monday afternoon or Tuesday at the latest! IMG_9719.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9719.jpg
    IMG_9719.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 72

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I think he does well for Mike to vouch for him.

Are you getting a trans cooler too. I'm looking at possibly getting one when I get the converter swapped.

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
I think he does well for Mike to vouch for him.

Are you getting a trans cooler too. I'm looking at possibly getting one when I get the converter swapped.

Keeping stock cooler for now, never had any issues with it getting warm before. $5,400 for the trans is hitting my bank account pretty good as it is lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
Okay just got truck back and made the 2 1/2 hour trip home. This thing is amazing. Havent got into it fully yet. Josh recommended I let it learn a bit first. But about 1/2 throttle Converter unlocked in 90hp tune and it pulls. This converter couples like crazy! Shifts smooth as butter but firm at the same time. I don't really know how to explain it honestly. Overall couldn't be happier with it so far. Josh is a good dude and I wouldn't hesitate to take anything to him! Will update in a few days and once I get the built trans tunes loaded

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Okay just got truck back and made the 2 1/2 hour trip home. This thing is amazing. Havent got into it fully yet. Josh recommended I let it learn a bit first. But about 1/2 throttle Converter unlocked in 90hp tune and it pulls. This converter couples like crazy! Shifts smooth as butter but firm at the same time. I don't really know how to explain it honestly. Overall couldn't be happier with it so far. Josh is a good dude and I wouldn't hesitate to take anything to him! Will update in a few days and once I get the built trans tunes loaded
Good to hear. I remember when I first got my trans built. I was super excited!