GM Quick Disconnect Fittings

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Has anyone used a fitting like Earls 751186ERL (1/2" to 10AN) and 751166ERL (3/8" to 6AN) to connect to the OEM GM fuel lines? I'm looking to plumb my lift pump and replace the OEM hosing that is 20yrs old and not up to the task. The lines are in pristine shape. I'm also going to be doing boost referenced pressure so I want to make sure the hose is up to the task as well. I would be using braided hose or pushlock, both rated for the temps/pressure I need.

I would be changing every line from the tank forward. I will be leaving the FICM dry and feeding the valley CP3 directly from the lift pump with a -8an line coming off the metal fuel pipe.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I haven't used those exact fittings, but I've had good luck with the aftermarket fittings connecting to factory GM fuel lines, mainly on the LS stuff.

I have my CP3 plumbed how you describe. I cut off the factory feed line and flared it to AN, then ran a short soft line to connect the CP3. So the engine hooks up with the stock quick connects, but then does its own thing from there.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I haven't used those exact fittings, but I've had good luck with the aftermarket fittings connecting to factory GM fuel lines, mainly on the LS stuff.

I have my CP3 plumbed how you describe. I cut off the factory feed line and flared it to AN, then ran a short soft line to connect the CP3. So the engine hooks up with the stock quick connects, but then does its own thing from there.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

I'll have to order them up and give it a shot, wouldn't be hard to pressure test with shop air to ~40psi and see what happens. The cleanliness of the OEM fuel routing is hard to beat plus the 1/2" metal pipe has a larger ID than 1/2" fuel hose.

I need to get some more of these fittings made. @duramaxzak made a few of these 8AN CP3 feed fittings and they're awesome pieces, certainly makes connecting an AN feed line extremely easy! For simplicity sake I likely will use -10 for everything and use a 10AN>8AN adapter on the CP3 side as I will only have to buy -6 & -10 braided hose instead of -6, -8, and -10.

Attachments

• CP3_8AN_Feed_Fitting.jpg
    CP3_8AN_Feed_Fitting.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 20

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Have not used the earls brand but I have used some just like it and they work well. with that design, You don't have to worry about the stupid safety clip on those which is nice!!! Especially if you drop it in on the back of the motor and can't find the stupid thing...

The early designs and some of the cheaper fittings used a plastic clip to retain the line... If it broke during operation or was not seated properly Lets just say It was a fire hazard and few people lost there entire Vehicle over them.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Thinking about this more clearly, I will be unable to use the quick connect fittings anywhere except near the fuel cooler as the rest of the OEM hosing is all crimped on and will require use of compression type fittings to make a secure connection.