Fuel Pump shot?

Zallordian

Jan 2, 2019
Hey everyone, I drive a 2008 2500HD (Duramax), It's cold up here in the U.P of Michigan, and on my way home after a 12 hour shift, my truck ended up dying on me. Lost all lower going down the road, and it wouldn't turn over after that. Ended up having it towed home. With it being cold, and having had it start up pretty rough the last couple days due to the cold, I just assumed it was my diesel gelling. Had to park it in the driveway with no room in the garage. Two days later I went out there and was messing with it a bit, and realized when I turned it to the on position, I couldn't hear my Fuel filter running. I'm not exactly a truck / diesel savy kinda guy and I won't act like I am. Just seeking some advice before I go and drop 400 bucks on a new fuel pump...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There isnt a "fuel pump" on a Duramax truck, unless you installed one yourself. Did you? Which pump setup?

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Blew one a few weeks ago when it was down in the negatives and the truck sat. Shouldn't have gelled after driving I wouldnt think, and as stated before they are flow through designs so it shouldn't of killed the truck if the fass died. Didnt happen to be watching rail pressure were you?