Fuel line routing

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
When installing the DHD super high flow low profile bridge on an LBZ GMC do you route the CP3 line in front (towards bumper) or in back of (towards firewall) the bridge. I thought it was in front but it started to kink so I'm routing it behind. Just wondering what others have done or should do.

....Edited due to phone autocorrects....

Attachments

• Optimized-DHD Fuel.jpg
    Optimized-DHD Fuel.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
In the pic I added to the original post, it is routed to the rear of the bridge and doesn't seem to kink. I just don't remember seeing any engine compartments with it routed to the rear, so that is why I ask. Although I haven't seen many modded engine compartments....

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I'll try in front again tomorrow (maybe there is a sweet spot I didn't find before), it just always seems to start to kink no matter which way I tried in front. I'll update my findings after final install.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I'll try in front again tomorrow (maybe there is a sweet spot I didn't find before), it just always seems to start to kink no matter which way I tried in front. I'll update my findings after final install.

I finished a few weeks ago. As someone else stated, going behind really won't work because of the turbo. I routed it in front of the bridge and while the line isn't collapsed it does "deform" at one point a little. I tried a different piece, different routing, etc. and always had some measure of deformation.

I will say that it is probably still better than stock even with a slight deformation.