fuel injection pump decision

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you're thinking about buying a new CP3, just run a single 12mm pump in the valley. It will be plenty for 1000 hp and then some. I did 900 on a single 10mm, but that was all it would do on fuel. If I had sprayed it, it might have hit 1000, but I wasn't really chasing a number or an ET with the truck.

I would recommend bigger injectors before you go chasing 1000 HP. You can do it with 60s, but the pulse width will be jacked higher than a max effort tune on a stock truck to get it there.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I have noticed if I turn the Lift pump off/on it makes the High pressure jump while Idling and can hear it in the engine also. the Low pressure is going from 14 idle to 6-8psi WOT . It makes a lot more power with the pump on . So I at going to do something like BD and crank the Airdog up to 20psi and put a regulator up near engine with 5/8 line instead of 1/2 to see if I can get it stable 8-10psi. One step at a time i guess. Still calling around to get a tune, No luck so far. Called 6 major places got no answer any wheres and got 2 return calls back.

If you have fuel pressure at WOT on the low pressure side then that isnt your problem. Something else is making your fuel rail pressure jump around.

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Yes Josh, I should have at least 100% , got told wrong parts, should have litttle bigger turbo also. For now will take what I get I guess.
Zero, I am running out of things to try. Have a new Tune coming from Starlite, will see what that changes. Also New Fuelab regulator, want to see a stable pressure. Maybe it is the Valley CP3, the Motor runs better WOT with 10psi then when 3 psi for sure. Tune first then 12mm Single Cp3 if needed.
Its only money but it is starting to be stress! Ready to lay some rubber.

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Got a Tune for Hot street and NO More Idle Lope, WOT pressure is better, not jumping anywhere near as much.Most of the time 200-400psi, couple of 900psi fluctuations. Car is not surging at Mid and WOT anymore. Monday I will get fuelab Regulator and see if that improves Rail pressure. Then try a new Race Tune.

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
I bet you just found the problem.

Did you get the new tune in?

Got a Tune for Hot street and NO More Idle Lope, WOT pressure is better, not jumping anywhere near as much.Most of the time 200-400psi, couple of 900psi fluctuations. Car is not surging at Mid and WOT anymore. Monday I will get fuelab Regulator and see if that improves Rail pressure. Then try a new Race Tune.