Fuel Cooler

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
The high fuel temps could be the result of your injectors returning to much fuel which is the reason you get p0087. The hotter the fuel gets the worse the symptoms.

The injectors are good I checked the return rates, they don't have many miles on them. Thinking back it hasn't done it since I switched tunes either...im still interested in this fuel cooling. Just have to get my guage mounted and start watching temps.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think you guys are making this more complicated than it should be. Mount the cooler anywhere you want and it will help. Make sure you use a "0 " pressure drop cooler. Put as many as you want anywhere you want. It's going to work good.

rmk800ak

Jun 27, 2009
Fairbanks AK.
I currently have one of Mike’s 5 speed Setrab trans coolers mounted in the same location the stock cooler was. You can tweak the stock brackets a bit and it fits pretty good. I grabbed some -8an fittings and return it to my Deviant duel port sump. The temp normally stays pretty close to ambient temp only climbing a bit when at the 1/4 tank and below mark. This is with duel fuelers and 45overs currently but will have 200overs soon. As Mike said really pretty easy setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Sounds like some of you are overthinking the problem.

Only issue I find with factory design was location of the cooler. At normal rate of return, even from a stroker pump, if ya put a cooler where it can gets decent airflow then temps will be pretty close to ambient when hits the tank. As mentioned above, stick the return line in a jug, and then see how long it takes to fill up a gallon...

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I tend to over think on just about everything I do I apologize for that I like data and numbers so I can easily get carried away with theorys and facts. To get back on subject mike l or anyone else still have a way to get setrab coolers? I've been wanting one for my 2006 as a trans cooler just can't seem to find them. however if the 5 speed Allison cooler works that well for a fuel cooler looks like I've got to find two one for each truck in Sig and a 6 speed trans cooler

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I tend to over think on just about everything I do I apologize for that I like data and numbers so I can easily get carried away with theorys and facts. To get back on subject mike l or anyone else still have a way to get setrab coolers? I've been wanting one for my 2006 as a trans cooler just can't seem to find them. however if the 5 speed Allison cooler works that well for a fuel cooler looks like I've got to find two one for each truck in Sig and a 6 speed trans cooler

When I bought my Setrab I just punched the part # into Google and found the best deal.