front main seal driver

06whitedirtymax

Feb 17, 2018
Anybody got a seal driver I can borrow or rent. Promise to be gentle and quick. I just built a motor and the handy dandy couplings have apparently failed me and at this point I only want to change it once. AKA my wife cant stand any more time at the garage working on my mistress. if you do please pm me and we can work something out. I will have the seal in hand and can ship it back next business day. I really just need it 5 minutes lol everything else is in good shape and im not some 18 year old trying to figure out what he is doing this is just the first seal ive seen designed like this, ive built 9 motors now and never seen one of these(obviously this was my first dirtymax).

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Look in the Tool section. I could've sworn there was a thread in there from a person willing to rent them out.

There has to be a way to create an inexpensive tool using some sch40 PVC, a piece of flat steel and a bolt.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Look in the Tool section. I could've sworn there was a thread in there from a person willing to rent them out.

There has to be a way to create an inexpensive tool using some sch40 PVC, a piece of flat steel and a bolt.

I’ve made one for the rear main seal but didn’t know how far to drive it in and was scared to go to far... well I should of went further because it was leaking right away lol
The proper tool takes all the guesses out and I would highly recommend finding one to borrow:thumb:

06whitedirtymax

Feb 17, 2018
I’ve made one for the rear main seal but didn’t know how far to drive it in and was scared to go to far... well I should of went further because it was leaking right away lol
The proper tool takes all the guesses out and I would highly recommend finding one to borrow:thumb:

If i had to guess i didnt drive the inner collar far enough in we will see this weekend. i recommend borrowing one def. .