Front and rear main seal tool

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
Does anyone have a front/ rear main install tool they would be willing to take some measurements for me? I'm planning on building the tools, but I dont have anything to measure.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I don't, but when I've made seal driving tools in the past (like pinion seals), I buy the new seals and takes measurements from those. Just a thought if you don't get measurements elsewhere.

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
I have my own machining equipment, and lots of solid steel stock, so for the one time use, the MA tools aren't worth it for me.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I bought the Merchant tools, definitely worth the money. I would take measurements off your new seals as well as measure the installed heights to get your offsets if you want to make the tools yourself.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Merchant front one works well. Rear one works but not as good. The alignment dowl screws ya and it allows you to go to far if not careful.

GMCSLEHD

Oct 13, 2006
I have both. I’ll PM you my cell number and you can text me with what measurements you need. I won’t be able to get them until tomorrow, as they’re over at my shop.

Josh

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
I bought the Merchant tools, definitely worth the money. I would take measurements off your new seals as well as measure the installed heights to get your offsets if you want to make the tools yourself.
hard to tell the installed heights with nothing to go by other than guessing from pictures. I'm hoping someone will tell me the depth that MA machined the inside to.