FPRV and GPC bracket help

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
OK, so after lots of reading I decided to shim my fprv, no issues at the moment, but with future tuning plans, shimming on the LLY, seems to be a must from what I gathered.

The fprv came out easier than expected, my short 3/8" breaker bar with a 6pt 18 mm and cheater pipe, no big. But that bastard of a glow plug bracket. I ended up bending it to get to the 2 bolts holding it in, has anyone relocated these? What's the norm for putting them back in? I don't for see both bolts making it back in. And my instructions for the shim kit show an LBZ, which looks a lot easier

Thanks

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Well after a bit of a fight, I cut up that glow plug bracket, it still holds the fuel line bracket, and holds the gpcm, one bolt in, will be easier to remove if it has to come off. Hopefully the heat doesn't effect the gpcm too much with the back part removed

Attachments

• 20150828_205254.jpg
    20150828_205254.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 45

Elgavilan

Desert Rat
Aug 28, 2016
Arizona
I just replaced the fprv in my lly and the hard part was getting the gpc bracket out. The valve came out fairly easily, but was tight. To fix the bracket removal issue I chucked it up in my vice and took a hack saw and slotted the bolt holes to allow the bolts to be screwed most of the way in, the bracket slid under the bolts and the bolts tightened with just a few strokes of the wrench. Also, it is easier to get to the bolts from the firewall side with a shorty wrench.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk