FNG

chaddudley7380

Nov 20, 2018
FNG here I have been stocking for awhile and trying to get ideas. I have a 2010 Chevrolet 2500HD completely stock and now has 205,000 mile on it. I got it with 44k and the truck doesn’t seem to have changed one bit with the age and miles. Now the big question that’s gonna open a can of worms. What to do to the truck? Wanna delete everything but don’t know what steps to take or process to complete it. My 19yo son say delete egr and dpf then efi live tunes and fass fuel pump. Being the dad with the grandpa style truck and not into going fast just better fuel mileage and longevity of my truck and some better pulling power what are y’all’s ideas. I’m sure this topic has been beat to death but can’t find a step by step process. I spoke with a guy who quoted me $2800 for everything here in southeast Texas but not sure if that is a good price, but he is a reputable mechanic. Help a FNG please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Your not going to get any answers around here anymore with the EPA going after every shop. To be honest if your not into huge performance just leave it as it is. Throw is 60hp tow tune on it and leave it. Anything more then that you will be building the trans in short order.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You are going to have a hard time finding tuning for it, so yes, leave it alone.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Yes don't delete it. Unless you plan. on learning to tune yourself. There are plenty of places out there that do emissions intake tuning that will help you out.