Fluid Capacities Sticky

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm sure it has to be 2 quarts. I'll go by that, maybe I just can't feel it very well, if it was hot I would be able to tell better

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
2020+ 10 speed allison is about 15 quarts to do a service on it. thats just dropping the pan and replacing the filter. the 10 speed MUST use the ULV transmission fluid. Not Dex 3 or Dex 6.

NOTE:
the 10 speed does not have a dip stick and has a different method of checking the level. you heat the trans up to around 167*, pull the little bolt in the drain bolt as the engine is running and see if a stream of fluid comes out. if so, allow it to drain till it stops. if not, you need to pull the fill plug on the passenger side of the transmission and pump fluid into the trans until fluid is coming out of the removed bolt in the drain plug.

MGKelly

Jan 13, 2023
Oregon
2020+ 10 speed allison is about 15 quarts to do a service on it. thats just dropping the pan and replacing the filter. the 10 speed MUST use the ULV transmission fluid. Not Dex 3 or Dex 6.

NOTE:
the 10 speed does not have a dip stick and has a different method of checking the level. you heat the trans up to around 167*, pull the little bolt in the drain bolt as the engine is running and see if a stream of fluid comes out. if so, allow it to drain till it stops. if not, you need to pull the fill plug on the passenger side of the transmission and pump fluid into the trans until fluid is coming out of the removed bolt in the drain plug.
Chevy 1925, THANKS FOR THE INFO! The Chevy and Duramax are all new to me. Retired and got it in June of. 2022. Loving it so far, it rides great and runs smooth. My last personal PU was a F350 Ford, 6.9 Diesel which I still have and use on the Farm. I worked for a timber company for 50 years and put around 20,000 miles a year on work PU's which we're all gassers. The first 30 Years they were all GM and the last 20 they were Fords.
I'm glad I found this Forum.
Thanks again