Fluid Capacities Sticky

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Can we put together a Fluid Capacity and recommended fluid type thread and make it a Sticky? Someone in Mike's Area posted he tried to put 24 qts of fluid into the Allison? I think Amsoil has a max capacity chart but lets make our own. Sound good? Once all of it is covered maybe some could organize it and then it be made a sticky in the Hard Parts Section?:D

Front Differential - 3 qts of 75w-90
Rear Differential - 4 gts 75w-90(or 75w-110)

Last edited by a moderator:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Can we put together a Fluid Capacity and recommended fluid type thread and make it a Sticky? Someone in Mike's Area posted he tried to put 24 qts of fluid into the Allison? I think Amsoil has a max capacity chart but lets make our own. Sound good? Once all of it is covered maybe some could organize it and then it be made a sticky in the Hard Parts Section?:D

Is it really 3 qts for the front?:confused:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Can we get this in english as well? WTF is a quart??:D

RayMich

Jun 1, 2008
Mid Michigan

I can't speak for yours but MY truck's front differential holds 2 QUARTS. I just changed the fluid in both front and rear axles 2 weeks ago.

FRONT: 2.0 Quarts
REAR : 3.8 Quarts (3 oz shy of 4 Quarts 'till it spilled out the fill hole)

I let them both drain for over a 1/2 hr while I lubed and greased the rest of the truck.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I can't speak for yours but MY truck's front differential holds 2 QUARTS. I just changed the fluid in both front and rear axles 2 weeks ago.

FRONT: 2.0 Quarts
REAR : 3.8 Quarts (3 oz shy of 4 Quarts 'till it spilled out the fill hole)

I let them both drain for over a 1/2 hr while I lubed and greased the rest of the truck.

Interesting UH OH lol, my rear diff took the better part of 4 quarts... the front diff def. took 3 quarts though...

DieselDaze

Midnight Maniac
Oct 26, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Good Idea Paint...... It was I that tried to kill my tranny with 20qrts, it will hold it if bone dry.

I was searching here tonight and found this thread as I'm looking to do the front diff next, along with the engine oil..

Lets post up some facts.. and preference in weights etc, I know built truck owners prefer alittle something something, to complement and help protect their high performance parts.. may have to specify stock or performance.

I'm considering synthetic for my engine, what are the cons if any? I've heard if the seals get used to conventional then It may leak if using synthetic.

I'd like to know what type, capacity, (brand and weight) for the following.

Engine:
Transmission:
Rear Differential:
Front Differential, Transfer Case:
Fuel Additives, Oil Additives:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Throw a couple wrenches in the works...

-Transmission with Mag-Hytec deep pan
-Rear diff with Mag-Hytec cover

:D

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee

Speaking of, can someone clearly show where all the grease points are on our trucks? If there is already a thread out there, please point me in the right direction. This is something I need to do soon.