Floor-It Pump Help

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I have a NIB Floor-It pump I bought years ago from someone no longer here and set on a shelf. I got it out last night because I was planning on using it in a build to save some $$. It was supposed to be John's Stage 3 pump, which should make it similar to a current 10mm stroker CP3.

Here is my dilemma: When I pulled it out and looked at it, it looks like a Cummins pump with the machined face, not the 3 raised humps like the Duramax pump. It also has an FPR with a straight back facing connector, not the LBZ style with the bend to the side electrical connector.

The hand-stamp markings on the side of the pump read: FIDD3.

What I have read on the Cummins site: If the stamping was FID3, it would mean a Floor-It Diesel Stage 3 pump.

My questions:
1. Is this a Duramax pump (is that what the extra "D" in the stamp means)?
2. How is the FPR scaled?

What do folks remember about these beasts other than the lead time was over a year? :dontknow::dontknow:

Thank you.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
My guess is it's a Cummins pump with a Cummins FCA. But you can use it. I would recommend using a new Duramax FCA to make tuning easier. Where are the low pressure fuel feed and the high pressure fuel supply ports? I know the Cummins rail supply is coming out the back of the pumps.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Where are the fuel fitting locations? The fuel inlets and outlets are in different locations between the two. Post some pictures, and we will have a better idea about what you have.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
either way, if the fittings are in the wrong location, im pretty sure you can swap them around to work on a cummins if you have an old dmax pump left over. not 100% on that though as ive never tried it.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
either way, if the fittings are in the wrong location, im pretty sure you can swap them around to work on a cummins if you have an old dmax pump left over. not 100% on that though as ive never tried it.

Yes you can James I sold my Duramax pump to a friend with a Cummins. Swapped out a few fittings and your good. I was planning on going dual pumps with Cummins fittings at one point but never made it that far.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You can move the high pressure outlet fitting if you have a dmax pump to pull the fittings out of, but you cannot move the fuel inlet fitting. I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there would be a clearance issue with the thermostat housing if the pump is being installed in the valley.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Here are some picts. It looks like a Dmax CP3, all of the connections are in the correct location.

The shaft end is what was making me question what was going on. I'm tempted to put an LBZ FPR on it and just run it.

Attachments

• shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 59
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 58
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Stamping.jpg
    Stamping.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 59

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I bought a Floor it pump in 2012. Supposedly a stroker. 3 months later it blew up, completely, while on the dyno. Insides were exploded, pieces everywhere, unfixable. He said he'd replace it......after a year the guy stopped answering his phone. I never did get a replacement and wouldn't trust anything he put out anyway. We pulled it apart at Industrial and the whole thing was pretty shoddy. I wouldn't have anything to do with that guy, he's a flake.