Flexible trans dipstick

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I made my own today for the allison and my Bruno

Used braided hose and a few other pieces and my stick will still lock just like factory:)

No more messing around with the pipe for this guy!:D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Just this pic for now
6606bb66.jpg

The one for the alli will be the same.... Work best on the driverside

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Also I will just use a few of the nice rubber/ stainless clamps and mount the hose to the fire wall. When you remove the trans for service I can just leave the hose on the firewall and disconnect the compression fitting:)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I am wondering what parts you used to make this dipstick ? or where I can get one made ? any help would be great...thanks Robert

Robert

You can use hose that is rated for 300 psi depending the ID of the hose I found 3^4 braided worked well

A compression fitting to f npt worked gteat!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don't know if there is enough room for the fitting to turn in there (nut may not allow it to fit). Or what size hole you would need for the fitting. It may need to be drilled out a bit for the right sized fitting-which means pulling the pan off.

I'd leave the tube on the bottom and secure it off the stud on the bell housing like stock. from there up, run hose.

Mark your dipstick before you cut the tube so you can check that it's still the right length. May need to make another full mark after. Or adjust the tube length.