Fitting for 2006 lower radiator hose

Deltaone

Nov 13, 2022
California
I ordered a hose kit and the lower coupling does not fit. is it possible that they sent me the wrong coupler. I purchased the silicone hose kit from Performance engineering (PPE) and it didn't designate the engine type. I'm wondering if the fitting on the LLY is different than the LBZ fitting, because I know that both the LLY and the LBZ were both sold and delivered as 2006 models, because the change took place in the middle of the year 2006. Mine is the LLY

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Your 2006 LLY is a detuned LBZ. Thats all. It is NOT the same as the 04.5-05 LLY.

LBZ water pump outlet was larger than LLY by a bit.

Moved this to LBZ section.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Could be the kit is for the 04.5-05 LLY, not the LBZ. Time to contact the vendor, not the forum.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Does it have a metal quick connect end with a metal retaining clip where it connects to the radiator, or is it a slip connection with a clamp?

vindexx

Dec 10, 2021
I have the 06 LLY as well, and it is the exact same thing as the LBZ, only difference being the tune, as GM had to wait on EPA approval for the tune on the LBZ. As far as the lower hose connection, GM "updated" the lower hose assembly at some point making it stupid difficult to find the correct o-ring with out having to spend a few hundred on a new hose assembly. I found an O-ring for a VW that is the same size as the original GM one, for less than $3. FEL-PRO 35705