First Duramax

RugbyRef

Man in the middle
Jul 1, 2021
Southern Indiana
Mornin' folks! New guy to the forum and 1st-time Dmax owner. Been a long time Powerstroke and Cummins owner and decided to make a change. So far...so good! Only have a 1700 miles on the truck to-date, but I certainly like everything about it. Great pulling power with my 5th-wheel or car hauler. Have done a few mods since new from the dealer:
  • Banks Derringer and Pedal Monster (installing today)
  • Windows tinted (not the windshield, though)
  • BakFlip F1 bed cover
  • Zone Offroad 5" suspension lift
  • 20x10 Fuel Rogue wheels (matte black)
  • 37x13.5R20 Nitto Recon Grapplers
  • REK-GEN Black-On-Black REK-mesh Universal Offset Mud Flaps (on order)
Hope to learn as much as I can from you about this power plant!

Cheers!

Tim

image5.jpeg

EatingTires

Jul 5, 2021
Hey! Thats my new truck!!! Cant wait for it to arrive in a couple weeks!
really like the look of the lift! How is the ride compared to stock?
How is pulling after the lift and tires?
How did it affect mileage?
I only ask because my last truck was a 1500 5.3 gas lifted 6" with 35 grapplers. The truck was severely underpowered after lift and tires and got 8 mpg pulling trailer in and out of the mountains so I don't know the capability of the duramax.
Did you put exhaust on? if so, what kind?
How do you like the backflip?

Reactions: RugbyRef

RugbyRef

Man in the middle
Jul 1, 2021
Southern Indiana
Hey! Thats my new truck!!! Cant wait for it to arrive in a couple weeks!
really like the look of the lift! How is the ride compared to stock?
How is pulling after the lift and tires?
How did it affect mileage?
I only ask because my last truck was a 1500 5.3 gas lifted 6" with 35 grapplers. The truck was severely underpowered after lift and tires and got 8 mpg pulling trailer in and out of the mountains so I don't know the capability of the duramax.
Did you put exhaust on? if so, what kind?
How do you like the backflip?

You're gonna love it when you get it! The ride after the lift install is excellent. Personally, I think it handles better. When the truck was put on the alignment rack after the install, it only was off very little in toe. No problem at all in regards to pulling a trailer. I have a car hauler (bumper tow) that I pulled over the weekend, and I experienced no difference from when I pulled before the lift or after.

In regards to mileage - I bought and installed a Hypertech Speedo Calibrator (inline). Once I entered the correct tire size info, it synced right up. Of course, I see some reduction in MPG, but it's not too bad. I live in a relatively flat part of Indiana.

No new exhaust...yet! Love the BakFlip - have had one of every truck I have owned.

I, also, installed a Banks Derringer/iDash Gauge/Pedal Monster this past Saturday. I have only just begun experimenting with the different settings, but HOLY MOLEY...this device really wakes this truck UP!

EatingTires

Jul 5, 2021
You're gonna love it when you get it! The ride after the lift install is excellent. Personally, I think it handles better. When the truck was put on the alignment rack after the install, it only was off very little in toe. No problem at all in regards to pulling a trailer. I have a car hauler (bumper tow) that I pulled over the weekend, and I experienced no difference from when I pulled before the lift or after.

In regards to mileage - I bought and installed a Hypertech Speedo Calibrator (inline). Once I entered the correct tire size info, it synced right up. Of course, I see some reduction in MPG, but it's not too bad. I live in a relatively flat part of Indiana.

No new exhaust...yet! Love the BakFlip - have had one of every truck I have owned.

I, also, installed a Banks Derringer/iDash Gauge/Pedal Monster this past Saturday. I have only just begun experimenting with the different settings, but HOLY MOLEY...this device really wakes this truck UP!

Where did you get the derringer/idash/pedal monster stuff and can you simply un-plug if brought to service center?