LB7: Finally had to do it!!!

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Well finally got bad enough I had to tear it apart, checked rates and number one was at 15 so it basically wasn't working, so we started there. Found some interesting stuff on that side, besides the water in the oil, 1st was hold down bolt was snapped and inj. was bouncing around and beat the tar out of the copper washer. Second the center two cups cam out with the inj. Started on driver side and had enough of the heat so I quit for the day!! Couple pics.

The sludge!!

a6937b15-8bd5-4e19.jpg

Notice copper washer on far right

a6937b15-8bf0-3f96.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry to hear it. Dont like seeing that ick on the inside of the valve cover. What are your plans now?

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
wast run to long the oil is not milky at all, heads are clean, pretty sure alot of it is from the cups pissing it out. Gonna pull all the cups, clean the bores, green loctite them back in with new injectors and pray!!!! LOL

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
wast run to long the oil is not milky at all, heads are clean, pretty sure alot of it is from the cups pissing it out. Gonna pull all the cups, clean the bores, green loctite them back in with new injectors and pray!!!! LOL

The coolant will separate out and end up in the bottom of the pan... Pull your drain plug and see how much comes out.

Sep 17, 2008
Racine,WI
As burn down said before just be careful when you put the truck back in service because , those rods,mains and cam bearings may not look so good. It doesn't take much to wreck the bearing plating from coolant contamination.

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Yeah, i gotcha ya guys, pulled driver side and pulled every cup out with injectors. Gonna drain oil and clean as much as i can, get it running again and change oil a couple times before it moves out of the shop.