Finally bought my first turbo............

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I'm the proud owner of a fleece 71.5mm cheetah I bought it used but either way I finally got my dream turbo. I would like to know will the 6 ply ppe silicone couplers be fine for that turbo or should I look else where I'll be on stock fuel for a while thanks :thumb:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
That turbo will run "OK" on stock fuel but honestly needs more fuel. With some 100s and a 10mm or 12mm it'll be a whole different truck.

The PPE boots are good pieces. Do you have stock piping? If so, may want to look into something that flows a bit better.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
6 plys should be just fine. im running 60psi though them without issue. shit im running 60psi though a factory turbo to intercooler rubber hose :roflmao:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I'm still running all the OEM boots lol. In fact the only boot I ever popped was the only non-OEM I have :roflmao: 55psi no problems

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I say stay stock boots and spend money on things that will actually fail. Lol...

I agree, they need more fuel, especially to spool worth a crapp...

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I'm gonna go the simple route. I plan on a 3in driver side ic pipe upgrade. With supporting boots in place of stock ones. Lml driver side manifold and heat shield. Ppe 3in stainless downpipe and profab tow flows later on. One other question I want to have jet hot coatings done on the turbo what all should be coated? Just the housing or should I have the turbine wheel, vanes, and unison wheel coated to eliminate ever having stiction? Any advise is welcome as this is my first high performance turbo I've ever owned :thumb:

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
That turbo will run "OK" on stock fuel but honestly needs more fuel. With some 100s and a 10mm or 12mm it'll be a whole different truck.

The PPE boots are good pieces. Do you have stock piping? If so, may want to look into something that flows a bit better.

I have twin cp3s and yes 100 overs will be the upgrade of choice when I can afford them :roflmao: I plan on exergy 100 overs unless there's something better out there :thumb:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have twin cp3s and yes 100 overs will be the upgrade of choice when I can afford them :roflmao: I plan on exergy 100 overs unless there's something better out there :thumb:

Personally exergy and S&S are fantastic. S&S is a bunch cheaper.

Also RCD isn’t a bad place for injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I thought rcd was the big 6.4 6.7 company you were talking about I want to do there rcd 71mm ihi for the lb7 in my sig later on with 100 overs and twin lbz cp3s as well. Do you have or know s and s website or how to get in touch with them? I really wish some one did the big bang injector process for duramax only aware of it for Cummins.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I thought rcd was the big 6.4 6.7 company you were talking about I want to do there rcd 71mm ihi for the lb7 in my sig later on with 100 overs and twin lbz cp3s as well. Do you have or know s and s website or how to get in touch with them? I really wish some one did the big bang injector process for duramax only aware of it for Cummins.

S&S only goes through dealers. Lincoln Diesel is a big one of theirs.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I daily drove exergy 60s for over a year.

These 250s I haven’t driven yet.

How were the 60 street manners? I'm curious as to how the 100 street manners will be. I use the trucks daily to and from work and sled pull every chance I get they have to function as well as perform you know

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
How were the 60 street manners? I'm curious as to how the 100 street manners will be. I use the trucks daily to and from work and sled pull every chance I get they have to function as well as perform you know

60s were great on the street. 100s will be fine.

GOOD tuning plays the biggest part in what size injector is driveable on the street and has good manners.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Thanks guys It will be awhile before its on the truck got to get parts gaskets and tuning taken care of then I'll be able to enjoy my very first modifed turbo :thumb: for 100 overs tuning will I be ok sticking with duramaxtuner like I run now or should I get in touch with ridgerunner and moon shine it? I'm open to suggestions