filter before lift pump

maine dmax

Mar 28, 2009
My buddie with a cummins common rail installed a pick up mounted on the bottom of the tank, seemed like a good idea and was thinking that the positive pressure on the line from gravity would be better than the aftermarket pickup? My question is, what should I use for a filter because I will be picking up everything from the bottom of the tank. Trying to decide if this is really worth it as well, it might get expensive to change from something that is fine already (billet pickup). Thanks

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i am running the inline filter that came with my fass pump in between my sump , and my lift pump . simple just has 2 5/8" barbs on each end .

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Most people run a 100 micron inline filter before the lift pump and then fine filtration after the lift pump. Usually in the 1, 2, or 5 micron range.

Last edited:

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
Trent I really like the idea of your sump setup . I try to stick to reputable (sp) fuel stops but its not always in the cards . but with an added filter like that would put my mind at ease with that setup . part# would be great thank you . plans are to go airdog when funds are available :D but prefer not to punch a hole in the tank to add the pickup

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
I run a water fuel seperator before the pumps 10 micron and 3 micron after the second pump. Thinking of putting a fuel coler in the mix also. Just got some 3/4" stainless tubing to redo all my fuel system. ID is a little over 5/8's.

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
I've been looking at this as well for the last couple days. I keep running into the same problem..............$150+ in-line filters!
Aeromotive has a VERY nice unit that I want (P.N. 12302). It is -12 AN inlet/outlet, 7" long, 2.5" dia., and only reduces pressure by 0.15 lb.
It is designed for PRE-lift pump app. and will support up to 2000 hp. It is 100 micron S.S. cleanable element.
Nice piece, but pricey!
The in-line Trent has from FASS may be the ticket.

Last edited:

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
There is another P.N. not listed in my Aeromotive book that Summit has on their site. It is basicaly the same, but is 60 micron and is suggested for use with diesel. Finish is black. The other one is polished or chrome?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Nothing fancy , Napa part # 3248 ,put it on just to be safe really, last one i changed was perfictly clean , but my tank was spotless when i pulled it last even with 70,000 miles on the truck and 8 years.

Attachments

• _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00095.jpg
    _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00095.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: