Fastest L5P

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So the truck makes less torque with the module on than it does off. So warranty is still good :roflmao:

Problem I did notice is the maf reads lower and is all over the place with the module on. I’m guessing the turbo is choking itself trying to make more boost. I did notice the vein % is higher so it is making more boost.

It’s hard to tell if the truck is torque limited by egt or 5th gear but it is pulling fuel. I’ll have to hook a trailer to it and do more testing. It is definitely torque limited in 4wd. I wonder if I can engage 4wd without the truck knowing.

At this point I would only recommend a module that increases rail pressure. Adding any boost isn’t helpful. But since I already have this one. Water/meth should lower egt and make it easier for the turbo to make boost so I might as well see what happens.

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
So the truck makes less torque with the module on than it does off. So warranty is still good :roflmao:

Problem I did notice is the maf reads lower and is all over the place with the module on. I’m guessing the turbo is choking itself trying to make more boost. I did notice the vein % is higher so it is making more boost.

It’s hard to tell if the truck is torque limited by egt or 5th gear but it is pulling fuel. I’ll have to hook a trailer to it and do more testing. It is definitely torque limited in 4wd. I wonder if I can engage 4wd without the truck knowing.

At this point I would only recommend a module that increases rail pressure. Adding any boost isn’t helpful. But since I already have this one. Water/meth should lower egt and make it easier for the turbo to make boost so I might as well see what happens.

Sounds like a voltage/communication issue with the module & MAF. Turbo shouldn't be choking itself at all.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
It’s just asking for too much boost. There isn’t enough fuel to drive the turbine so the veins are closing.

Gale Banks commented in one of his videos that the l5p's turbo cannot take much more than stock without it choking. He said in stock form, the turbo was holding it back.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So I unhooked the map sensor through the module. It pulls much harder from 2800-3200 rpm. Doesn’t seem like it’s torque limited in 5 gear any more it keeps pulling until it hits the speed limiter. Vain position is down. Truck seems to run much better. I wish I could ask for like 1-2psi more at most. Next step will be to give it more fuel and then hopefully I can hook up the map sensor to the module again to get some boost out of it.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Even the infamous "DUMB" 01 OS can determine if tire slippage is occurring like during a burnout or just spinning the tires. I don't remember the PID I logged, but everytime I broke the tires loose this PID would change and show torque reduction request. With how much more advanced the Gen IV TCM is, nothing would surprise. Then to think of how much more advanced the T87 is, and it really is no surprise.

After the whole diesel gate VW scandal, it has started coming out just how much more STUFF is in the BOSCH ECM's code than most even thought there was. Over on the efilive forum a few months ago they posted a link that covered SOME of the stuff that has been uncovered inside the BOSCH ECM's coding. They even found the defeat code was written into ALL BOSCH ECM's, it was simply a matter of wether or not it was activated. There was speculation in one of the articles about the possible ramifications of dieselgate because of just how much HIDDEN code has been brought to light. These controllers are doing so much more now than just controlling there designated functions.

Call me dumb, but what’s the defeat code mean?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Got a Derringer to get some track feedback on. I towed 25k+ lbs to the track, left the 5th wheel hitch in, tires at towing psi and 70lbs in the air bags. Tow haul off (went slower by .15 with T/H on, TCM was in T/H towing trailer to the track), traction control off, boosted 4x4 @ 2k rpm.

I’ve had the unit installed about a week now and it’s pretty nice. No check engine lights, and the truck feels like it should come from the factory this way. Towing is great also, not that it wasn’t before.., but that little extra umph going up the hills towing is nice. I’ll be getting an intake and exhaust setup to try from them as soon as they are available, and see how those help out. I’m sure we will be on the speed limiter without much more help.

Attachments

• AB842F06-5B1B-4838-AF54-30937DCE562D.jpg
    AB842F06-5B1B-4838-AF54-30937DCE562D.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 47

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I really wish we could properly tube these things... I hate being limited to 97mph
It reaches it so easy you don’t know your doing almost 100 till you about end up in the windshield when it defuels lol

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I really wish we could properly tube these things... I hate being limited to 97mph
It reaches it so easy you don’t know your doing almost 100 till you about end up in the windshield when it defuels lol