Fastest L5P

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
My dad just picked up an 18 L5P and of course we can't leave anything alone. I was hoping to get it to the track to get a baseline but the rain isn't cooperating. Have something to throw into the trans, picked up a AFE intake, and AFE's plug in module(just fools boost and rail pressure) AFE claims almost 500hp to the tires with those two things. Going to order a lift pump and modify the factory fuel pick up. Oh and going to change the u joints in the front shaft for launches. The truck only has 500 miles so far so I'm going to wait till It hits 1000 before I start testing(I can't wait till 10,000 like I should :D ). Would like to add boost tubes and blankets for the turbo and manifolds but that'll likely won't happen for a few months.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Lol... I have no idea what the factory lift pump is rated at, but till you get a lot more air into it, probably won’t need more than it can give you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Lol... I have no idea what the factory lift pump is rated at, but till you get a lot more air into it, probably won’t need more than it can give you...

I figure I can modify the factory pick up because I'm sure it could use help. My LMM was sucking through a 5/8's straw :eek:
But whatever it takes to make this thing make power I'll do lol.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So they made the diesel fuel system like the LS engines now? 55-60psi is what their fuel pumps output, too. Interesting. I wonder why?

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
So they made the diesel fuel system like the LS engines now? 55-60psi is what their fuel pumps output, too. Interesting. I wonder why?
Denso injector pump will not suck fuel at all it has to be pressurized unlike the cp3/4

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Lucky! Wish I lived closer to Mike

More Powa!!!
Or could be something as simple as easier cold start:confused:

OP have you noticed how fast the heater works...
Or all the weird solenoid type sounds when you shut it off or even opening the door?
Hell mine actuates what I’m assuming is the vanes on my turbo randomly with the truck off!
Can’t really R&D with a company vehicle lol

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
This is awesome, be nice to see how the L5P reacts to some of these mods.:thumb:

I heard Mark from Danville is working on a drop in turbo for the L5P.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
This is awesome, be nice to see how the L5P reacts to some of these mods.:thumb:

I heard Mark from Danville is working on a drop in turbo for the L5P.

With all the hype of never being able to tune one....I wonder why he would be doing that

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
With all the hype of never being able to tune one....I wonder why he would be doing that

Yes, I do have one that we are hopefully going to be installing very shortly. The reason for it is if we can't tune them then we can atleast try to get them more efficient! We did the same thing for the LML and it made a big difference in the way it drove and towed. Time will tell!:thumb:

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
How much digging did you have to do to get at the turbo? Looks like it might be a PITA to get to...