Exergy Fuel Additive

Woody35

Jan 4, 2013
Been running Stanadyne fuel additive for awhile. Never really saw any benefits. Switched to Exergy for the last five fill ups and it has made quite a difference. On average I would say I've increased my regen frequency about a 100 miles or so and fuel economy has gone up about 1 mpg. Its been in the 20Fs-40Fs out lately so during cold starts I usually accumulate 2-3 grams in the DPF until it warms up. Now its usually only 1 gram. Not sure how it compares to the competiton but I'm impressed.

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
Good to know! I have an LBZ and I use XPD which I really like. It is a little on the spendy side but I made my decision based on that big study that was done a few years back i believe on the power stroke (dirty word) forum

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Interesting I guess I didn’t know Exergy was making their own additive. I might have to look into it.

Good to know! I have an LBZ and I use XPD which I really like. It is a little on the spendy side but I made my decision based on that big study that was done a few years back i believe on the power stroke (dirty word) forum

You said the wrong dirty word is was done on Diesel Place. A bit dated though since I think Opitlube has been sold twice since that study was done.