"engine power reduced" with no engine light or code, possible tuning issue?

westonb

Jan 2, 2023
I just bought a stock 2009 LMM everything was running fine, I just deleted and tuned it about a month ago. Right after the tunes were loaded and the truck was running I noticed it wouldn't accelerate very quickly like there was a lag. if I floor it the RPMs don't go over 3000 and it smokes black smoke like crazy. It takes forever to accelerate when trying to pass anyone on the highway. I have the log but would need someone to look at it because I can't figure out how to post it on here.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Codes? While we no longer discuss deletes anymore, just what did you remove? Did you leave something plugged in or unplugged that shouldnt be? Were the tunes certified for the extent of the deletes done by the tuner, or are they the stock tunes? (Please DO NOT post the tuner's name out in the open). We arent standing there with you.

The log should be able to be uploaded using the "attach files" button below the post box. You MAY have to change its suffix if its current one isnt supported. On edit, Jason it right....file might be too large and needs to be zipped first.

Reactions: 2004LB7

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Sounds like egr valve stuck open. Is the egr still there or did you put a blocker plate in? How are your connections to from the turbo to IC, IC to y bridge? Any leaks? Or is the egr just turned off?