Engine Build

D_Ferrante801

I hate everyone.
Apr 2, 2019
Hey y’all!

So after many years of saying I would never do a built motor since I truly am content at around 700-800HP Ive had between a few different trucks which live happily still to this day, I stumbled across a bottom end I couldn’t pass up a deal on.

Motor consists of:
- Callie’s Compstar Crank
- Carrillo Pro H Rods
- Mahle Cast Race Pistons Coated by So Cal with .075 reliefs
- Total Seal Oil Rings with Hastings Comp rings.
- ARP2000 head studs/ Main studs ( plus new set of mains for girdle in the mail )
- H series rod and main bearings
- Bought with no girdle but am adding one ( truly do not need to I know but sounds like mains were not dowled to block or anything and is for my own added peace of mind )
- Heads will probably just be a minor port job, Manton springs, push rods, and possibly bridges but MEH
- ATI Damper
- BD Flex Plate
- Wagler Shimmed and Pinned oil pump

Now for the part a few will probably catch on too that I didn’t list and is my biggest question. I acquired a Hamilton 196-202 Cam. I’ve been searching a few places high and low ( maybe I am searching the wrong places or terms so point me in the right direction) of this cam to see what reliefs are needed ( just in case ) and some honest feed back on it. The truck is currently on 100% overs, 12mm CP3 and a Custom Danville s470/87/1.0 to meet “ Small Single “ rules around here. Will eventually be on a 476/87/1.0 or give a 80/93/1.0 from Joe over at Danville as well and 250% over F1/ Flux Injectors when the motor goes in hopefully in about 2 months.

Overall goal of this post is some simple feed back or actual use of this cam. Where did it shine, where did it lack, what are some actual specs on reliefs needed on XX.

Truck will live happily at 700WHP and be dialed into the 1k range wether a little happy gas is needed or not to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: 56taskforce

derrickmanx1

I'm that guy
Dec 30, 2010
central texas
I've got a LB7 farm truck I need to do some stuff to. I may put my LBZ rods with some good ARP bolts and set of standard de-lipped LB7 pistons I bought a few years ago in her. I will be needing to build the Trans first of course. I have a core laying around to get her started. Nothing wild Just a tow rig (550/1100).

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
I've got a LB7 farm truck I need to do some stuff to. I may put my LBZ rods with some good ARP bolts and set of standard de-lipped LB7 pistons I bought a few years ago in her. I will be needing to build the Trans first of course. I have a core laying around to get her started. Nothing wild Just a tow rig (550/1100).

Were you trying to start a new thread?