Enabling TPMS

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I’m gonna give this a go this weekend.
04 Yukon xl BCM
06 Duramax Cluster
New PDM w/TPMS. (I have tech2 to enable it)
GM OE sensors installed

My steering wheel controls all work correctly so I’ll swap in the pdm and enable tpms and see how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Please do report back! And since you have a Tech2, I would love to get the technical details of the modules, especially if it shows the pressures directly on the DIC.

What I'd like to know:

• Yukon BCM Data from Tech2
    • VIN (so I can load that programming into my BCM to test)
    • Calibration IDs (listed as 1 through 6 on Tech2)
  • Cluster data
    • Part number(s) printed on back, if any
    • Part number as read by Tech2 (sometimes different!)
    • Calibration IDs (listed as Software and Calibration on Tech2)
    • VIN of the donor, if you know it. Not that important.
  • Can you enter OverDrive LockOut (ODLO) mode by holding down the tow/haul button with the Yukon BCM?
  • Do you still get instant fuel economy on the DIC?
  • Is there an option for Door Lock Delay in the DIC menus?
    • This is the thing where you hit lock with a door open, and it chimes, then 5 seconds after you close the door it locks. I use it all the time, but some BCMs don't offer that.
I'd be more than happy to walk you thorough how to get all that info with the Tech2 if you don't feel like spelunking through the menus to find it all. PM me and I'll shoot you my phone number.

Please let us know how it all goes!

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
Sorry didn't get a chance last weekend to tackle this. Ended up picking up an m101
4779d9d392dfcec9fa27f9dd63bb79d7.jpg

I'm hoping I’ll get some time this week. I haven't forgotten.

Bob H

Jet pilot wanna-be trainer
Feb 21, 2015
Norfolk, VA
Bringing this back up to see if any progress has been made.

One question I have - SRS modules - the later BCMs are looking for seat airbags and two sensors up front. I have one sensor up front and no seat airbags.

Can you program the SRS module or the BCM looking for those airbags so it recognizes the 2003 setup vice looking for an 05-06 setup?

I'd like to find a Denali or GMC BCM from 05-06 and learn it,(as much for the nav screen to show GMC vice Chevy that mine now shows).

I now have a good working 06 cluster w/DIC enabled - haven't tried to figure out if I can get the TPMs working as the truck was out of commission due to the bracket for my coolant filter breaking and causing a mess. May try this weekend to see if I can get the TPM to work properly,(unlikely w/the 03 BCM, but gonna try)

Bmgmike

Dec 8, 2018
I'm also trying to get this to work on a 2003. Have purchased a cluster and BCM from the same vehicle, 2005 Yukon Denali, that had both TPMS and Steering wheel controls. As soon as I receive them and try to install will post results. Already have the PDM w/TPM installed and OEM wheel sensors.

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
So I apologize for not following up sooner.
I have the original 04 Yukon XL BCM with my 06 Duramax Cluster and both my Yukon and the donor duramax have/had steering wheel controls for the DIC. I installed a PDM from an 06 Escalade with TPM.
I have not installed the wheel sensors as of yet. But currently I see the blank spots in the DIC for FR, FL, RR, RL. And obviously since the sensors are not installed I get the warning at startup “SERVICE TIRE MONITOR”. Thankfully I don’t get the warning light on the cluster, just the warning message. I have not had a need yet to break down the wheels/tires nor have I wanted to pay for mount/dismount quite yet.

once I get a chance to get those sensors installed (i.e. find an excuse for new tires), then I hope to be up and running.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
So I apologize for not following up sooner.
I have the original 04 Yukon XL BCM with my 06 Duramax Cluster and both my Yukon and the donor duramax have/had steering wheel controls for the DIC. I installed a PDM from an 06 Escalade with TPM.
I have not installed the wheel sensors as of yet. But currently I see the blank spots in the DIC for FR, FL, RR, RL.
That's excellent news. I do wonder if the pressure display comes from the cluster or the BCM? If you ever get access to a Tech2, I'd love for you to post up all the hardware and calibration IDs from the cluster, BCM, and PDM. My TPMS works but doesn't display pressures on my 2006 Denali cluster with a 2004 LB7 BCM.

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
My TPMS works but doesn't display pressures on my 2006 Denali cluster with a 2004 LB7 BCM.

Did your 04 LB7 have steering wheel controls?
I remember reading somewhere that the full steering wheel controls for the DIC were needed from the vehicle that the BCM came from in order to display individual pressures. Otherwise, I think the indicator light on the cluster is the only thing to work if a tire looses pressure.

And I also found that reprogramming the BCM has about a 50/50 chance of working and reprogramming the clusters almost never succeed. This is not from personal experience but from what I’ve read of others posts.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Did your 04 LB7 have steering wheel controls?
I remember reading somewhere that the full steering wheel controls for the DIC were needed from the vehicle that the BCM came from in order to display individual pressures. Otherwise, I think the indicator light on the cluster is the only thing to work if a tire looses pressure.

And I also found that reprogramming the BCM has about a 50/50 chance of working and reprogramming the clusters almost never succeed. This is not from personal experience but from what I’ve read of others posts.
I have a 2003 with factory steering wheel controls. I reprogrammed the BCM to a 2004 and put in a 2006 Denali cluster. The Denali cluster may be the source of my issues, as it was weird even before I reprogrammed the BCM. The other stuff works (Trip A, Trip B, Avg. Econ, etc.), but no instant MPG and no individual pressures. I have a 2005 dash from a truck without steering wheel controls, and I'm going to try and reprogram it to one with them and see what happens.

Edit: what button do you press to view the tire pressures? The road button, fuel button, or menu button?

Bmgmike

Dec 8, 2018
I installed cluster and BCM from 05 Denali and PDM from 05 Silverado that has the w/TPS on it nothing. I don't have the sensors in the wheels but was hoping the DIC would show each tire with 0 PSI.
I didn't learn the BCM to my truck don't know if that has something to do with it or not.
Going to purchase a Tech 2 and give it another shot.

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
Sorry for not updating sooner. But haven’t had a chance to get the sensors installed yet. But I hope to have that taken care of in the next week. Time for new tires so now’s the time. I’ll be sure to update here after I get them installed and see if they talk with the PDM and start showing PSI values on the DIC.

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Sorry for not updating sooner. But haven’t had a chance to get the sensors installed yet. But I hope to have that taken care of in the next week. Time for new tires so how’s the time. I’ll be sure to update here after I get them installed and see if they talk with the PDM and start showing PSI values on the DIC.
I'm anxious to hear the results!

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
Alright so today’s the day. I got the new shoes mounted with new TPMS sensors.
Then I proceeded with the relearn instructions:
1. Ignition On/Run
2. Turn headlight switch On/Off 4 times. Horn will honk twice.
3. Starting with FL, deflate tire 10-15 seconds until horn chirps once.
4. Next is FR, deflate tire 10-15 seconds until horn chirps once.
5. Then RR and finally RL.
6. Once all first tires are deflated until the horn chirps once, turn Off the ignition.
7. Inflate all tires to appropriate PSI.
8. Start truck and drive around the block a few times and all tires should list PSI.

Again I’m using the following:
- 2004 Yukon XL 2500 SLT BCM
- 2006 Silverado 3500 Duramax Gauge Cluster w/ DIC
- 2006 Escalade PDM w/ TPM
- 4 x GM OEM TPMS Sensors (15114379)

Not sure if I got lucky but both the Silverado and Yukon XL had the full DIC with the steering wheel buttons. I also matched the sensors to the vehicle the PDM came from (06 Escalade).

Hope this helps.
c11c1656fbfd27435d705ffdff4388b7.jpg

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
Push the road
Button until “Tire Pressures” is showing and then use the enter/reset button to rotate through each tire PSI.

bigdogyj

Nov 7, 2010
I was reading back several posts and realized I never provided the module info with h/w and s/w pulled from the tech2. I’ll work on getting that later today or tomorrow and post that up.