EFI wiring questions

MarlinMears

May 12, 2015
I’ve read all the threads say they have gone out or moved on to other things. My question is; can I get the wiring that goes from the toggle to the computer from some other source? When mine was installed the installer bent the plug going into the computer and I’ve been running on the single tune since then. 8-9 years….with fuel prices going up I’m curious what the other tune will do. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’ve read all the threads say they have gone out or moved on to other things. My question is; can I get the wiring that goes from the toggle to the computer from some other source? When mine was installed the installer bent the plug going into the computer and I’ve been running on the single tune since then. 8-9 years….with fuel prices going up I’m curious what the other tune will do. Thanks in advance for any info.

sooooo what are you asking? i am assuming you want a dsp switch based on what you are saying about switching tunes???

MarlinMears

May 12, 2015
The installer put the switch inside on my dash. He messed up the plug end that goes into the computer. I am looking for the wire that goes from the switch to the plug.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada

You are looking for a replacement DSP5 switch with the 2 wires?

MarlinMears

May 12, 2015
You are looking for a replacement DSP5 switch with the 2 wires?

To be totally honest I don’t know what it’s called but I suspect that you are correct. I have a toggle already installed. I only have 2 tunes but since it has never been hooked up I’m only running on the one that was on when it was programmed.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
So you either have a single tune, DSP2 tune, or DSP5 tune (each DSP tune requires a switch of some type). There are many vendors who carry DSP2 and DSP5 switches for any generation of truck. If the pin is damaged you can certainly try and get a new pin/lead or you can purchase a new switch, that choice is yours.

MarlinMears

May 12, 2015
Back to ask another question;
I got the dp2 switch hooked up. Just two tunes so it is a toggle switch. How do I know that it is switching? Should I hear anything happen or should I just drive it and check mileage, power and such to determine if/which tune it is running?

MarlinMears

May 12, 2015
log the dsp pid. or if the tunes are different enough you can feel it

Thanks for the info. I hate to be such an old fart, but what is the DSP pid? I don’t have anything other that the toggle switch. After reading more I am wondering if it is grounded. But long story short, the guy that tuned it way back when had everything on his computer. I don’t have any aftermarket accessories if that makes sense. I’m supposed to have a “Highway” tune and a “tow” tune. It’s been in the tow tune since if was programmed. I’m just trying to get better mileage and finally found a guy to help put in the switch.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if you have an Autocal or V2/3 then you can log some parameters, one being the DSP state

I'm guessing the "highway" tune is supposed to be the economy tune