efi v2

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
pat im thinking i would ike to update my efi
i still have 3 licences on my v1 do i have to send my cable to EFI or can you transfer them?

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
pat im thinking i would ike to update my efi
i still have 3 licences on my v1 do i have to send my cable to EFI or can you transfer them?

Version 2 is not out yet. But as far as sending the stuff back to get V-2, The way I understand it, is you get the new V-2 system, then once you switch everything over, (A day or two is all you should need) then you UPS the old stuff back to the reseller. (In most of our cases here, it is McRat!)
It don't matter how many licenses you have, they are all transferable to V-2

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I guess I should say something here after reading the announcement by EFILive that they are reducing the price on the EFILive V1.

I believe that EFILive is a bargain even if it cost $1700. It's abilities to datalog, tune, swap operating systems, and program Allisons is so much better than anything else out there that it's "useful value" to me is very high.

This is why I have deliberately pushed EFILive. When I find a good product, I have always told everyone.

But more to the point, I feel providing an unlocked racing tune to my customers is very valuable as well. Certainly nothing on the market today can touch the combo of a racing tune + EFILive at $849.

According to the EFILive announcement, anyone who has bought recently will be given additional licenses. So that will sweeten the pot even more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know some folk are a little miffed that EFILive is now available for less money, and I can understand that. It's human nature. But if you look at what you received for the money, I believe everyone did get a bargain, and they have received a "head start" over the future buyers. With a tool like this, experience is worth alot.

BTW - The V2 will have alot of "standalone" functionality that V1 does not. But V1 will always be able to git-er-done on LB7's and LLY's. V2 will not be released for awhile yet. V2 will be a big improvement (and a necessary one) over V1 since V1 cannot support the new Bosch computers or CAN interfaces in the latest cars and trucks.

The future of hotrodding involves dealing with digital engine controllers. What's funny is some of the folk who were the most "afraid" of doing their own programming are some of the real hotshoes with EFILive. I'm proud of all of you for taking the time and risk to step into the future with EFILive.

Last edited:

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
IBut more to the point, I feel providing an unlocked racing tune to my customers is very valuable as well. Certainly nothing on the market today can touch the combo of a racing tune + EFILive at $849.
Does this mean McRat Racing will not be taking part in the $549 V1 deal? Please tell me you are................

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
What really ticks me off the most, is the fact that Ross posted on several occations that you would NOT be Penalized for buying early. Yet that is EXACTLY what has happened.:mad:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
hd
i not upset one bit and i payed 1050 for mine cdn dollars
and i still think it was a awsome deal knowing now i would of easily paid 2000
if you think of it this way the more people that own EFI the better for all of us we will all benifit especially as we all work together and discuss what we try and learn
just my 0.4 cents canadian

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
I have learned a little more important information on the EFILive FlashScan dealings.

This was poster by Guy Tripp on the Diesel Place "they are giving existing V1 Commercial customers two additional free licenses with the V2 upgrade .

V1 Commercial used to be $849.00 An upgrade to V2 in the first 30 days of release is $299.00.

$849.00 + $299.00 = $1148 (minus the value of 2 free licenses valued at $198) = $950. Total of 4 licenses installed in V2.

V1 Commercial is now $549.00. An upgrade with a $549.00 V1 to V2 will cost $299.00 in the first 30 days + $150 (Total $449)

$549.00 + $449.00 = $998.00"

Most of us have the Commercial version of EFILive, so we will get 4 more Licenses when we upgrade, and a very important aspect of the deal is the fact that with V-2 we will use just ONE license for both the ECM/TCM. So we will be able to do 4 vehicles with V-2, plus we will still have the License from V-1.2

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Also: Just to add to what Mike said, I was told eventually you will no longer be able to get liscenses for V1:eek: Could be bad info though:dontknow:
So I believe i'll be upgrading for the $299. B/C if you take the 3 free licenses for V1 you'll have to pay the full upgrade price for V2.

Joey

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
Joey, another thing to consider, EFILive will lose support in about a year maybe less. Blacky said something about supporting it until maybe next Summer. So V-2 looks like the deal to have.

BigWill_21

~BULL HURLEY Look-A-Like~
Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
What do you mean by lose support???? From Who???

I am still confused on this EFILIVE stuff... Why make a V2 then quit supportign it???

Can someoen elaborate for the lay-person that I am!!!

Last edited: