Efi V2 firmware help

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I haven’t tuned any of my trucks since 2009-10. So my firmware was so out of date that I needed to use the 7.5 firmware updates to get it to a more recent boot block and firmware.
But now I did a dumb move and somehow erased all my firmware. V8 software couldn’t see my V2 before but it does now but with a message telling me to update the firmware. Problem is the button to top date the firmware in V8 is not there and since I erased my firmware, it appears my V2 is stuck in dead poll mode but I think it’s really because there is no software.
Any help and or experience and directions would be greatly appreciated

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved into EFILive's area, as its about their product. I know Cindy occasionally checks in, and the guys pay attention to this area, so hopefully you'll get your answer. Good luck.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Moved into EFILive's area, as its about their product. I know Cindy occasionally checks in, and the guys pay attention to this area, so hopefully you'll get your answer. Good luck.

:thumb:Thanks!

I have a brand new laptop and the latest software

Hold the Ctrl key on FlashScan when connecting to PC to boot into dead-poll (if it’s not already). You’ll then get flashing LEDs on your device.

Then open EFILive Explorer, and manually program the firmware.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk