Efi live “read” questions

BpLB7

Jan 28, 2021
I have a 02 lb7 my old autocal was stolen and I purchased a new one that was supposed to have the stock file and did not. I’ve tried downloading other stock files but can’t get them to load into the truck something about the device it’s coming from and I know nothing about efi live computer stuff. I currently have taken the truck to get a dealer flash and the computer will not let it reflash most likely it’s corrupted. The shop I have it at put another computer in my truck with the stock files. I am wondering if I can hook my autocal up to that computer and read it to try and load that file into the old computer, I just want to make sure I don’t corrupt the other computer. My big question is when you read stock files with the autocal is it just copying that file or does it actually pull the file from the truck ????

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Having the dealer flash an LB7 ECM that has been flashed by EFILIVE is a good way to corrupt one. 01's flat out cannot be dealer flashed after having been flashed by EFILIVE.