EFI Autocal questions?

mopar440cu

Duramax Newbie
Jul 14, 2018
FL
I have a EFI Autocal which I purchased through my tuner, has a tow tune on it now and are happy with it, but have a question about it. I know I could ask the tuner, but hate bugging him with small details and a ton of questions.

1. Can I add more tunes to it or is it only capable of one tune through the tuner?

2. I am, like I say, very happy with the tuners tune, but if I ever wanted to get another tune through another person for the same truck is it locked to where only the original tuner has to add more tunes?

3. Do I need to purchase a license everytime I add a tune to it then??

Thanks for educating me!!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
1: you can purchase more tunes by getting them from your tuner. You’ll have to add a dsp2 or dsp5 to switch through the tunes. Or you’ll have to flash a single tune every time you want to change

2: That’s something you’ll have to ask your tuner. Generally most guys do lock their tunes so no one can mess with them. But as far as the truck being locked I don’t believe so but now completely sure. Not sure about autocals being locked or anything like that so hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in

3: no you don’t need a license every time.

500hpduramally

Aug 17, 2014
Wi
Number 2: In order to get tunes through a new tuner you need the current tuner to unlink the autocal. then the new tuner links it to them and you can buy tune. Then just flash the new tunes on the truck. So no the trucks ECM isn’t locked but the autocal is. You can only have tunes from one tuner at a time on it.