Edge CTS2 questions and a problem

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Plan on getting an Insight CTS2 tomorrow. Found one for a good deal. Are these good units? Simply want it for monitoring, truck ('06 LBZ) already has a 100hp PPEI tow tune. Model number on the unit is 84130. I just want to make sure it will work on my truck and that it's a good unit worth the money. I don't know a single thing about programmers.

Thanks for any help

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I love mine, but it shouldn't be confused with a programmer. An Insight is just gauges, it won't change the way your truck runs.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Insights are nice but the edge sensors are a bit pricey to be. You’ll have to get their egt probe for reading your egt’s and their boost probe to properly read your boost pressures.

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Truck already has mechanical boost and EGT gauge. Im not looking for something to change the way it runs , it already has a tune in it. Will this thing not show balance rates??

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Do a youtube search on it. It will show some functions. Also no it will not do balance rates. The programmers/tunners before this one will though. Ill be honest with you I have one and I really like it for what it is. I also have a separate tunner on my truck so I only needed it for guages/monitoring.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Edge CTS2?

I love my CTS2 edge insight I use it to monitor all my temperatures and yes it does absolutely do injector balance rates,so glad I have it I hardly ever even look at the dash now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Got it! Love it already. Now that I have it, just curious, does anyone have any specific settings they like to run theirs on?

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Edge CTS2 problem (LBZ)

I just got an Insight CTS2 for my LBZ. Everything was fine. This morning I turned the key on, and noticed my dash lights looked dim. Started up, battery gauge was lower than normal. Come back outside, MIL is on for AC circuit low voltage, wait to start light low voltage, and check engine light low voltage. Cleared the codes. Drove off, and about 5 mins later my RPM gauge randomly jumped up to 4,000 and went back down to normal, then threw the MIL again for same codes. Cleared again, codes havent come back on since. Has anyone had this issue after installing the CTS2? I'm not happy at all. Truck runs fine, the unit works great. What could be the issue???

Reactions: leonrhoudes2

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Combined your two threads. Unplug the CTS and test again tomorrow. I lean toward batteries, too.

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Thanks for combining.. I apologize for the multiple posts, it's just a problem after another...

Update- This morning started up, everything was fine. Drove a few miles, and I noticed when I had cruise control on, the RPM gauge would start bouncing up and down. With cruise off, it was normal. Then, my blinkers didn't work. I messed around a bit more, and with tow haul mode on my RPM gauge went to zero. The MIL wasn't on, but I checked for DTC's anyway. Sure enough, the three codes I had were on but the MIL wasn't lit up. I was pulling in to Oreilys to have the batteries load tested but they aren't open yet. I'm currently at home now and unhooked batteries to reset the computer. Checked fuses for the blinkers, none blown. But like yesterday, I noticed any lights on the dash were dimmer than usual.

I unplugged the CTS2 because I'm starting to think that POS ****ed up something.. Because the truck starts up and runs fine, and my volt meter is a little above 14 like usual.

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
And yet another update!

Narrowed down the problem... It's that POS $500 machine I bought from Edge! After unhooking the batteries and letting everything reset, everything is back to normal and perfect now. I drove the truck about 10 mins for a test drive, and everything is fine. Cleared the DTC's, haven't come back.

All I can say is Edge opens at 8am, and they aren't going to like the phone call they'll be getting

Last edited:

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Well good luck with them I put one on a 03 LB7 that caused lots of communication codes and the display would freeze or go blank it would also cause the gauges on the dash to quit and a dead pedal sometimes also . I never got far with them other than them saying try this update or that one.

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Well good luck with them I put one on a 03 LB7 that caused lots of communication codes and the display would freeze or go blank it would also cause the gauges on the dash to quit and a dead pedal sometimes also . I never got far with them other than them saying try this update or that one.

I guess they open 8am MDT. It's 8 here in Texas but they aren't answering.

They better have a good explanation or something because messing the trucks computer like that isn't cool at all.. I was getting worried that something really got messed up in there.