Edelbrock Heads

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Anyone hear anything about the Edelbrock heads? If they are priced decently I may think about trying them, the Brodix ones are out of my motor budget. My LB7 had a leaky cup that caused water/steam erosion pretty bad on one cylinder and don't think the head is even worth using anymore it was erroded around the valves pretty bad.

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
I spoke to the Edelbrock engineer that designed the heads while at SEMA. They are a great performance option out of the box. Pricing for had yet to be finalized but the initial figure I saw was around $2300 for an assembled head.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
This should be the same casting that wagler starts with. He doesn't use brodix at all anymore but that's who casted his at first. So they should be able to be ported bunch more than a stocker, like his heads are. They also should have the valve centerline moved to unshroud the valves more. There's a thread on here somewhere about how the out-of-box brodix casting compares to other heads.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Didnt wagler quit using brodix cause or cracking issues?
Brodix switched to a new casting process called hip. Seemed to fix the issues, there's members on here running them still with no problems. Wagler covered every single set, no questions asked with a new hip set. Brodix would not help him at all, said 'thats racing'. So jeremy jumped ship and the first sets from the new foundry were sent out summer 2016.
The non-hip brodix were failing in super high performance application, keep in mind. And all were wet heads. The solid ones are a lot more robust, as u can imagine.
If you were to purchase a set of brodix, probably want to verify if hip or not.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I spoke to the Edelbrock engineer that designed the heads while at SEMA. They are a great performance option out of the box. Pricing for had yet to be finalized but the initial figure I saw was around $2300 for an assembled head.

Thanks I was dreaming they were going to be a little better priced :roflmao: A guy can wish :D

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
I spoke to the Edelbrock engineer that designed the heads while at SEMA.

So he designed the heads while you talking to him at SEMA!!?? :eek: Sorry...couldn't resist. :roflmao:

I lately noticed that Wagler is no longer showing any DMax heads at all on his website. Wondering how much longer it will be before we see the new heads/specs/cost.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Brodix switched to a new casting process called hip. Seemed to fix the issues, there's members on here running them still with no problems. Wagler covered every single set, no questions asked with a new hip set. Brodix would not help him at all, said 'thats racing'. So jeremy jumped ship and the first sets from the new foundry were sent out summer 2016.
The non-hip brodix were failing in super high performance application, keep in mind. And all were wet heads. The solid ones are a lot more robust, as u can imagine.

Great info. Thanks

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I lately noticed that Wagler is no longer showing any DMax heads at all on his website. Wondering how much longer it will be before we see the new heads/specs/cost.

What do you mean? The new castings that are from the new foundry are made using the same core boxes he originally invested the r&d in and gave to brodix. They appear the same as the brodix heads. So when he split with brodix, he took the core boxes and left. I know he pushes the solid iron heads on pullers and they're making them like they're going out of style! He also makes billet heads but they are not legal in a lot of pulling classes.

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
What do you mean? The new castings that are from the new foundry are made using the same core boxes he originally invested the r&d in and gave to brodix. They appear the same as the brodix heads. So when he split with brodix, he took the core boxes and left. I know he pushes the solid iron heads on pullers and they're making them like they're going out of style! He also makes billet heads but they are not legal in a lot of pulling classes.

Because the rumor (and we know how those go) was that he pulled everything off the website because there's a new design coming down the pipe. However it would make more since that he didn't just throw away all that R&D and existing cores for something new. ;)

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
From what I've seen the Edelbrock head is a hipped casting, improved flow as cast with stock valve sizes, relocated valve angles, high quality, higher lift valve springs, etc.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

I can vouch for this, I melted the seats & floor right out of a couple pair (Robs wreck in the Nova) within 4-5 passes. Jeremy replaced them with HIP casting, without even stalling. I had new heads delivered within three days.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
You can't currently buy them.
They are an exact copy of the brodix/Wagler head.. down to the advertisement card they had out at shows, not even joking.

Industrial injection had the test set and they cracked all over, and did it fast.

For a budget you can't beat 5he reliability of a stock casting and for the street all you'll need is a set of good ported ones. Contact Wagler about porting yours.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
You can't currently buy them.
They are an exact copy of the brodix/Wagler head.. down to the advertisement card they had out at shows, not even joking.

Industrial injection had the test set and they cracked all over, and did it fast.

For a budget you can't beat 5he reliability of a stock casting and for the street all you'll need is a set of good ported ones. Contact Wagler about porting yours.
I don't think they look anything alike, especially from the top looking down onto them when installed. Most notable difference is the pushrod holes. Looks like Edelbrock tried to leave a lot of material there and just machine round holes for pushrods.
The rep in the vid turned me off stating they're strong as billet and will take anything u can put them through. Guaranteed wrong on those statements.