E-fan controller for the duramax

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Any luck with getting a fan? Now would be a nice time to do this. Just had a water pump go bad and have two fans sitting here. If needed I could probably send one or both to you.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I have not gotten any fans yet...if someone would like to send me a fan or two to do some tests on, that would be great. Ill probably need the fans for a couple weeks.

dieselboy04'

DieselBoy04'
Mar 23, 2008
Virginia
I'd be interested in on of these. I'm getting parts together (fans, mounting supplies) this would work out good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black6spdZ

Aug 7, 2009
Also interested.. I measured ~35A on the high speed wires. So was it concluded that the ECM "LBZ" does not have the necessary code and/or PWM output to operate a driver for e-fans? I see there is a fan control under DVT tests in EFILive scan.. just what got me searching and ran me across this thread.

mplecha

May 13, 2012
South Carolina
I'm not sure about the 4000cfm for the taurus fan and seriously doubt 10000cfm for any auto electric fan.. I have an old chevelle with a lincoln mark viii fan. It's a big fan and moves a lot of air. Even so, I doubt it's more than 2000cfm, and it draws around 70amps or so at startup (going from off to high speed). I can't imagine any fan moving more air than this sucker going in any type of vehicle.

I've been considering putting the extra mark viii fan I have in the shop in the lly. I was going to put it in my 98 k1500 before I got rid of it. The one in the chevelle is a 2 speed and cost about $200 at most from start to finish.

cokane1

Nov 5, 2012
bump... I have an LS1 fan setup out of a 98 vette and I'm interested in this controller to make it work on a 07 lbz project i'm in the middle of. I'm just starting on the coolant part of it so the sooner i hear back, would be great!

badarsenal

Oct 18, 2008
I am in for 2 to 3 of these. Been looking for a decent controller but this just sounds awesome. Already have my taurus fans.

tntauto1127

Jun 24, 2011
If you plan on using your truck for pulling anything I 'd suggest staying with the stock fan. My truck always ran alot hotter with my flex a lite fan setup. I pulled a 24' enclosed trailer.