LML Dynoed LML

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I had a chance this weekend to dyno my lml at the Diesel Thunder event in Holt Fl. Dynoed it on Friday and again Saturday to test a couple changes. My goal in the testing wasn't more hp just better torque. I am pretty pleased with the results. They speak for themselves. IMG_0492.JPGIMG_0504.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 222

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Am I seeing 611hp on the first one? Damn Shane, thats just with what's in your signature?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It is stock turbo and stock injectors. Just a cp3 conversion delete and tranny. It makes good power. If all the tuning parameters where available compared to older generations I could do better. That's on 1500 us and I drive it everyday tow and all on that tune. It's pleasant and fun to drive.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The bottom right is 736 and 1240

That's with a little laughing gas! First time I have ever tried any and most likely will have a progressive kit on my race truck. We sprayed my sons stock injector lly with a 371 and put down 1046.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
That's with a little laughing gas! First time I have ever tried any and most likely will have a progressive kit on my race truck. We sprayed my sons stock injector lly with a 371 and put down 1046.

I figured it was but I wasn't sure. The 612 is still impressive for stock air and fuel.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Been googling around and can't find the right key words I guess.. what will a stock trans bolt on Lml make with a hefty max effort tune?

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I'm assuming you mean with stock cp4? Probably lower 500's if I remember correctly..

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The two variables I would consider are if you have taken care of the pressure with tuning or a dummy g solenoid. The latter I prefer and how it fuels to limit torque. If you look at the dyno sheets you can see average torque being more than 100 ft/lbs lower. I made a couple little tweaks and brought that up as you can tell in the second sheet. Both tunes have the same total fuel at wot with just some minor changes in between. That was pretty big results for the changes that I made.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The two variables I would consider are if you have taken care of the pressure with tuning or a dummy g solenoid. The latter I prefer and how it fuels to limit torque. If you look at the dyno sheets you can see average torque being more than 100 ft/lbs lower. I made a couple little tweaks and brought that up as you can tell in the second sheet. Both tunes have the same total fuel at wot with just some minor changes in between. That was pretty big results for the changes that I made.

I was thinking dummy solenoid as it's more consistent. Thanks for the info, Lml is still new to me. I only have a handful I've messed with and they are all lower power.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Easier to do and you get to service the tranny all for less money than tuning it for pressure.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Was a very big Diesel drag racing event this past weekend, at the event you spectated at. With that Dyno number what did it run down the strip? :thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Was a very big Diesel drag racing event this past weekend, at the event you spectated at. With that Dyno number what did it run down the strip? :thumb:

I did not run it this weekend. I have ran it before on a tune that was not as powerful and trap 83.65 in the eighth. I am pretty sure it would trap at least 86 at 8000 lbs with me in it. I will try it out again pretty soon to see how it runs on the track now.