Dyno setup/Load%/ gear?

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
I was able to find a guy with a dyno close buy willing to test my truck, the only problem is that he is a gas only guy. He didn't think the dyno needed a load.

What load do I need to have him start with to get a good reading, fairly big turbos GT45R/GTX47? Dyno has a dual current eddie brake.

OD on or off? Usually I have used OD off converter locked for a 1:1 ratio but I have also tried OD on converter locked and results seem to be better, duraflite. Thanks for your time.

Dyno info. http://dynocom.net/catalog/detail.asp?iPro=97

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
You could run OD for more load, but no point if its adjustable on the dyno. OD will skew the final numbers too. Your link brought up the 21,000 series, is that the specific model he has? I'd start the load around 10%....? Says max tq rating of 21000, I assume that means it will hold that tq dead in the water at 100% load.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
We have a Mustang loaded setup at my work that I have learned how to use just from trail and error, so I am in no way a dyno expert. But I usually set the rough weight of the vehicle and then run a Power@50 setting in the high teens/low 20's for a stock setup. Push it more towards the 30's when I was trying to light the chargers on my truck. I run in 4th gear as that dyno will literally stop the rpm's from climbing at full boost if I load it too much.

Someone who is more experienced definitely correct me if I'm wrong as I've basically been deemed the dyno guy here at work and can't seem to find chit on instructions for these things haha.

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
We have a Mustang loaded setup at my work that I have learned how to use just from trail and error, so I am in no way a dyno expert. But I usually set the rough weight of the vehicle and then run a Power@50 setting in the high teens/low 20's for a stock setup. Push it more towards the 30's when I was trying to light the chargers on my truck. I run in 4th gear as that dyno will literally stop the rpm's from climbing at full boost if I load it too much.

Someone who is more experienced definitely correct me if I'm wrong as I've basically been deemed the dyno guy here at work and can't seem to find chit on instructions for these things haha.

Thanks, that is more than I could find.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
My brother has a dynojet I believe it's a 248 but everyone that runs on it seems to get the best results in od with the converter locked..

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Dynoed in lawton? I grew up there,mom is 4 miles east of elgin. Just curious as to where the dynoed is .