Duramax shop Columbus, Ohio area

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
I cant seem to get in touch with anyone around here about doing headgaskets on my LML. ANyone used anyone good around here? Or Ohio in general I guess.

Also what HG's is everyone buying? Ive heard C's and aftermarket. Im going ARP just because I believe anything with a turbo should have those but other than that is there a kit to buy or what?

Thanks
Chris

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I usually do side jobs, but that's not something I can take on right now. Not aware of anyone in Columbus, but Jeff Dean has a shop down in Lancaster (On Track Auto I think?) or I'm sure Firepunk in Plain City would be able to do it. I know Floras in Johnstown does mostly bigger trucks, but maybe worth a shot to ask.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Haven't heard from Jeff in years. I wonder how he's doing?

BTW, moved to the Midwest section.

Last edited:

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
Shit I forgot about Jeff. Good thinking. I know him personally too as we are always at the same tracks together on the gasser side of things.
Ive tried to get ahold of Jones for 2 weeks now to no avail.
Firepunk said they dont do Duramax which I thought was weird but whatever.

I have been out of the diesel scene for awhile. Whos a good vendor to get ahold of here anymore?

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Shit I forgot about Jeff. Good thinking. I know him personally too as we are always at the same tracks together on the gasser side of things.

I have been out of the diesel scene for awhile. Whos a good vendor to get ahold of here anymore?
What are you looking for as far as a vendor?
If its parts, I have been dealing with Brad alot.
Goes by Bdsankey on here. https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/members/bdsankey.35310/
I highly recommend purchasing parts through him.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

I'm not sure what kind of work Jones claims to do, but I wouldn't take it there for HG repair $.02

Reactions: 496 BB

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
Well of course I texted Jeff Dean last night and hes out of the game. Sold his shop and tools so back to square one.

Yea as far as vendor just a parts bundle like Sinnister makes for hg changes.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well of course I texted Jeff Dean last night and hes out of the game. Sold his shop and tools so back to square one.

Yea as far as vendor just a parts bundle like Sinnister makes for hg changes.
Well I recommend Brad.

He has saved me some money on just about everything I have purchased from him. He is straight up and won't sell you anything you don't need unless you still ask for it.

After what Sinister did to other's in the industry with the color copy right BS, I wouldn't do business with them.

There are lots of other Shops that have bundles too. I think LDS still sponsors the board. They have a head gasket kit and you can upgrade the gaskets from OEM to Mahle and the OEM head Bolts to ARP studs.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well I recommend Brad.

He has saved me some money on just about everything I have purchased from him. He is straight up and won't sell you anything you don't need unless you still ask for it.

After what Sinister did to other's in the industry with the color copy right BS, I wouldn't do business with them.

There are lots of other Shops that have bundles too. I think LDS still sponsors the board. They have a head gasket kit and you can upgrade the gaskets from OEM to Mahle and the OEM head Bolts to ARP studs.
LDS pulled out. Brad is his best bet for parts and support

Reactions: 1FastBrick

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio

What ways have you been trying to get ahold of him? I can shoot Nick a text if you want.

There’s another shop in Groveport but he’s covered up pretty badly

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
Is Kyle at Crank it Up still in this game? Trusted?

Does $5k for both hg's and arp studs sound reasonable for labor and materials? I think so but like I said Ive been away from diesels for awhile.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020

Does $5k for both hg's and arp studs sound reasonable for labor and materials? I think so but like I said Ive been away from diesels for awhile.
A buddy of mine got quoted $6,000 for parts and labor from two different shops the other day for mahle gaskets and re-using his arp studs. $5,000 sounds very reasonable to me.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

As far as I know Kyle still runs a shop, my brother had him drop a motor / trans into a truck two years ago