DUAL STOCK CP3 Question

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You would be so much better off if you would take it to someone to actually tune it in person rather than trying to do it over email.

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
I can not seem to find someone near Albany NY that Tunes this custom stuff especially with a dyno. Maybe I will take a ride out West or down South next year and have it down in person. .

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wouldn't even be too concerned about tuning it on a dyno. Just getting someone that knows tuning in the truck makes all the difference. You can hear, feel, and see things in person that a datalog just doesn't show.

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
I wouldn't even be too concerned about tuning it on a dyno. Just getting someone that knows tuning in the truck makes all the difference. You can hear, feel, and see things in person that a datalog just doesn't show.

Yes I agree tuning in person would be great right now..
I did some logging and I noticed #1 tune the Main1Q-M mm3 follows the TP and FRP is (say) conservative compared to the other tune on fuel pressure which kind or goes up with RPM's.
Tune #2 the Main1Q-M follows FRP which as soon as rpms go up , more fuel pressure down low Rpms apply & so more Main1Q-M applies. Is there a correct way or is it done different ways by different tuners. #2 is kind of uncontrollable throttle wise which is my complaint. It is non vvt turbos .

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Main injection quantity and fuel pressure are separate tables and should be adjusted separate but with keeping the other in mind

IE: the fuel quantity can be increased without raising the pressure, to do it requires longer PW. Same for pressure. Getting good drivability and HP in the same tune requires a balance between multiple tables. A good tuner should be able to make it happen but is always better to have the truck in person

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Of course I can not get a picture to post, but in the logs I notice
#1 tune the Main1Q-M mm3 Data follows the TP Data. more throttle = more fuel
#2 the Main1Q-M Data follows FRP data . More rail Pressure = fuel.
How do I post a picture , it always fails, to large?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Could be too large. Reduce it down and try again. The uploader tells you how large each file can be

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The scale is different between those two screenshots, so they aren't as drastically different as they initially appear.

I'd really like to see what the pulsewidth is on both tunes. It appears the 2nd tune does ramp main fuel rate much more quickly, which probably is why it is hard to drive at light throttle.

From what little I can see on those screenshots, it seems you probably just need the truck retuned to match your expectations and driving style. Without the actual rail pressure to compare to the desired, it is hard to evaluate how well the fuel system is functioning.

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Josh you must have a 4l85E in Van , what make and model TORQUE CONVERTOR? LOCKUP WHILE YOU ARE RACING?

Last edited by a moderator: