Drive side seat heating element.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I decided to finish recovering my driver seat and found the pad with the wires all blown out of it. Does anyone know where to get one of these? I have looked all over and can’t seem to find one with the wire set up like this. I find but the wires don’t look correct. Oem part number is 88935457 but it’s not available through the dealer. Hope someone here has an idea. Thanks
Justin.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Here is a pic, the ones I find don't seem to have this wiring and plug on them. Unless I am missing something obvious.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 67

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Go to gm parts giant and enter your Vin to look at parts for your truck. You should be able to get a part number ad go off of that.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Discontinued on gmpartsgiant.com but the site said there was one in Arizona so I will call there tomorrow. I can find repops from Dorman and others for 2003-2007 but not the 2002, I think the elec. plugs are different. Maybe I will get it off amazon and rewire it myself.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Discontinued on gmpartsgiant.com but the site said there was one in Arizona so I will call there tomorrow. I can find repops from Dorman and others for 2003-2007 but not the 2002, I think the elec. plugs are different. Maybe I will get it off amazon and rewire it myself.

If it ain’t too far from the north side of phx, I can go check it out Justin. Just text or call me if needed

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
So I finally got this figured out. I wired in a 2003+ heating element to my old 2002 harness. The 2002 bottom element has 4 wires coming out of it, two for heating the element and two smaller gauge wires for a thermistor or temp control while the 2003 pad only has two wires for just the element. The temp control looks like two wires tied together with a resistor and it's sealed in between some of the heating elements so I dug that out and transferred it to the new heat pad. Then I cut the old pad off the harness and wired the four wires to the new pad, two to the element and two to the heat control that I buried in the new pad.
I finished off my seat with new foam and new covers and all seems to be working well. Just wanted to post in case there are more 01/02 guys that want their heated seats to work.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 60
  • thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 57
  • thumbnail_image4.jpg
    thumbnail_image4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 57
  • thumbnail_image6.jpg
    thumbnail_image6.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 59
  • thumbnail_image7.jpg
    thumbnail_image7.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 66

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So I finally got this figured out. I wired in a 2003+ heating element to my old 2002 harness. The 2002 bottom element has 4 wires coming out of it, two for heating the element and two smaller gauge wires for a thermistor or temp control while the 2003 pad only has two wires for just the element. The temp control looks like two wires tied together with a resistor and it's sealed in between some of the heating elements so I dug that out and transferred it to the new heat pad. Then I cut the old pad off the harness and wired the four wires to the new pad, two to the element and two to the heat control that I buried in the new pad.
I finished off my seat with new foam and new covers and all seems to be working well. Just wanted to post in case there are more 01/02 guys that want their heated seats to work.

thanks for the info Justin!

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
It seemed to go alright. I was worried about that as well since the old element has that provision built in. I cut some of the fabric off the element side to show more Velcro.

[email protected]

Jan 15, 2020
Alaska
I am a first time user. Had a few questions. The actual thermistor wire does not touch the element wires correct? What kind of tape did you use over the wire? I take it that the thermistor wire keeps the element from overheating? Thanks Rick