Does anyone know this truck?

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Hey guys not sure if this is the right place for this but I just picked up an 06 gmc twin turbos dual fuelers built motor/trans. As I'm going over it and fixing some stuff I noticed some of the info I was told isn't very accurate. I'm going to post a link of a picture of it because I don't know how to post pics.. hopefully it works any help is appreciated thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...k1j0i24k1.0.JAMFq2J-h5I#imgrc=n5RU4Hk1FGunKM:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It could be anyone. Not everyone who builds one of these is on this forum. Probably a facebooker.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
i agree.. I don't have Facebook. But just wondering if the guy I got it from actually built it or payed someone or bought it this way.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Well I was told it was a Big Dipper trans with a sun coast converter but I took the inspection cover off and the converter is purple.. trans holds good but it almost feels like the converter shutters in 4wd in the higher gears.. also he said it had a fluid dampner which when I went to look at it has an ati.. the truck is set up really well qa1s all the way around with coil overs in the front and is definitely the fastest thing I've ever driven but just makes me wonder.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I don't know of big dipper using alot of suncoast converters unless the trans was built some time ago, he uses alot of precision converters and has for some time(reason why it's purple) I see you are in PA, is that where the truck came from? Maybe the converter needs a refresh