SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Ok so I take it noone's made their own. You guys think these DIY systems are worth it? They seem pretty straightforward to build...

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
The main thing I've learned is by no means do u want pooling which is injection before boost, or at idle, I put my nozzles alittle before the boost sensor, cause if u think about it you are injecting with more boost( if the sensor reads 10 lbs then I'm injecting at 12lbs that's my opinion, ( just trying to be safe ) but I think the upgrade is good if u tow or play hard. But If your going to compete in pulls or whatever I think they frown on water/meth. Good Luck

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Oh, I've got the Stage 3 ( I had the stage 2 )which has the electric controller, I like it because it gives u more controll, that's the key with anything u inject in these motors is controlling the spray an the level of boost u inject. CONTROLLED SPRAY.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I'm running dual nozzles I can't remember the size, but they where the biggest they had at the time, u may want to check over your tune timing, u might want more fuel after the main event. just a though.
Also when your adjusting your spray pattern on the meth system, remember that 100% injection isn't the best way to tune them, u have to fiqure the overlap. It's been awhile since I set mine up but I can review my notes an she if I can help u out any. I'll be more than happy to help u. just ask..

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
cool thanks! He's got stock injectors, cp3 and turbo. We have the biggest single nozzle in right now and it's keeping the egt's below 1600* which is what he was looking for. Man when this thing starts ramping up the injection you can really feel it!! We're using boost juice since I had some left but will probably cut it down some for normal hotrodding.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Sad part is most of these kits are for cars with the low pressure pump of 150 to 200 psi. A true meth setup for a diesel is well over 700 psi.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
no this is some direct drive gear reduction setup i picked up used. Supposedly came from Haisley, no markings but the guy threw it in with some other cummins parts. I've seen the ones on starter motors too tough. Nice for sure! I think it's funny to see hydraulic hose for water injection lines lol.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Ok. Woops. Haha. Well what about this? A 250 psi system, a 65HP diablosport tune, stock turbo and internals. Would that keep my heads/intake clean without negatively affecting the performance of the truck? I clearly don't know jack about water/meth so any help would be appreciated. I really want this truck to last me a long time.